gearing.

micahbs

Registered
what rpm is everyone running at an indicated 70mph? i have no clue what setup my bike has as it was a repo and they didn't know anything about it. i know at 80mph i'm only going a true 70mph and at 70 I'm going 65mph. i found the add of the original owner trying to sell the bike and he just replaced front and rear sprockets ( rear is a supersprox) and chain and only put 60mi on them ( they look new) and the add was placed a week before i got the bike. but i haven't had time to count the teeth and see what they really are. any idea what size they might be by the speeds/rpms I'm running?

70 I am around 4k maybe a hair under.These are known to be off some on the speedo.May try a speedo healer.

The speedo's on all bike are off. Best thing to do to get your real speed is bring a gps on your next ride and buy a speedohealer to recorrect the error. The gears have the number of teeth stamped on them. On the rear spocket it's on the darker metal usually on the backside.

GPS the bike, then you'll know where you're at. On my Gen I at 70 MPH indicated I was running 4K which was the sweet spot for fuel mileage as well. My Gen II from memory runs about 3.8K at 70 MPH but is dead on. I ran two teeth down on the rear of the '06 for a bit and that set up actually made the speedo correct at 70. GPS mang

Checked mine with GPS and I have the speedohealer installed. Stock gearing and stock rear tire size. I'm at 4k at 70mph.

I'm running 4000RPM at 78, 5000 at 98 and 6000 at 108 all in 6th gear. So I do all of my freeway cruising at 4000 to 5000 rpm, with an occasional burst to 6500rpm.:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Back