Speedometer correction

dmarquard

Registered
I recently purchased a 2004 Limited Edition. It has a power commander III and has had some modifications. Dyno Tuned, bored to 1400, Single Muzzy. I checked the speedometer and found it is off about 29.3%. Gage is 70mph actual speed is 54.1mph.
Rear sproket is 40 teeth so I do not think there was a change from stock.
I am planning to add a speedohealer but I am concerned whether a power commander could be affecting the speed and whether the speedohealer will work.
Does anyone have experience?

The power commander will not change the speedo. The speedohealer will fix it, but I'll bet you will find the front sprocket has been changed from the stock 17 tooth to a 16t or 15t.

oh and :welcome:

I recently purchased a 2004 Limited Edition. It has a power commander III and has had some modifications. Dyno Tuned, bored to 1400, Single Muzzy. I checked the speedometer and found it is off about 29.3%. Gage is 70mph actual speed is 54.1mph.
Rear sproket is 40 teeth so I do not think there was a change from stock.
I am planning to add a speedohealer but I am concerned whether a power commander could be affecting the speed and whether the speedohealer will work.
Does anyone have experience?

Power Commander and speedo healer are unrelated. I would think the speedo faceplates would need to have been replaced or you speed sensor is bad to be that far off. Even a 16 tooth front sprocket won't have that much effect.

30%? Wow, that's a lot, mine was 10mph off and that was annoying. The new '08 is 6-8 mph off and it's brand new.

Got speedohealers in stock if you go that route.

Which dash do you have, what speed does the speedo go upto?
Posted via Mobile Device

might be down 1, up 3. count teeth on both front and rear sprockets to calibrate speedohealer.

as already mentioned the previous owner swapped the front sprocket.

OE Gen1 sprockets:
front 17
rear 40

Back