wheelie at a constant 70-75mph??

JON_SRT-4

Registered
Im a new busa rider and i was wondering if there is any way to pull at 70mph wheelie and pretty much keep it with in say 80mph or so. all the people i talk to say they have to keep speeding up and shifting gears to keep it up. im not much for wheelieing at 100mph or higher!!! i know once you hit the balance point it will stay up but my throttle is so touchy that when i get to the balance point and start to let out on the throttle a little it just falls. any help would be GREAT!!!

In my humble opinion. These bikes are too heavy and the balance point it too high to try to maintain a constant wheelie. Not only that, but it doesn't take very many times of setting it down too hard to have to replace fork seals. I am not the most experienced rider on here by a long shot, but I have been riding gixxers for a little over 20 years. This is not the bike to play that game with, it will bite you and bite you hard.

No flame intended

Don

(USN05LE @ Jul. 24 2007,10:24) In my humble opinion.  These bikes are too heavy and the balance point it too high to try to maintain a constant wheelie.  Not only that, but it doesn't take very many times of setting it down too hard to have to replace fork seals.  I am not the most experienced rider on here by a long shot, but I have been riding gixxers for a little over 20 years.  This is not the bike to play that game with, it will bite you and bite you hard.

No flame intended

Don
+1. Also, you will oil starve the motor on long wheelies unless you overfill the crankcase which isn't good for it when you are riding on 2 wheels.

Yes you can do short wheelies and I've seen video's of guys doing 100+ wheelies but it's not recommended. This is a bike build for speed NOT stunting. Your bike will suffer for it badly and sooner or later so will you. The Busa is not forgiving and when she bites, you will diffently know it. So be smart, ride safe, always wear you gear but have fun riding!
super.gif
Hey this is just my .02ct

+3 I used to stunt my old r6 sence the busa I have only pulled waist high power wheelies.. can only imagine how touchy the bp would be on her...
all_coholic.gif

crap... my bike won't even wheelie... best "wheelie" I've gotten from my 06 is @18"... maybe its operator error...

hahaha^ that was funny.....slow speed wheelies are very hard on the Busa's. i used to rock some steady wheelies all the time on several 600s that ive had but no steady speed wheelies on my busa. although i can rock some power wheelies from 20mph or so to around 140mph. now thats scary!! but yes i wouldnt recommend it. my fork seals went bye bye real quick.

I've pulled them at 70 in second and had to come down , it just wanted to acellerate. I know the pros use the rear brake to keep the bikes up at Slow speeds . But if you are going to doit for long rides You need to get a windage tray (?) so you don't starve the motor on oil.

this isnt the bike to wheel with
everyone agrees with that

but WHY is this the racing tech forum
in all my years of racing ive always worked at trying to keep the front end down on the ground

silly me what was i thinking

ENJOY THE BIKE AND ENJOY THE RIDE, LIFE IS TO SHORT TO BE SHOWING OFF AND TRYING TO PULL WHEELIES, TO MANY PEOPLE LATELY HAVE BEEN GOING DOWN AND ALOT OF THOSE HAVEN'T BEEN DOING WHEELIES. THE BUSA IS A WIDOW MAKER , BE SAFE HAVE FUN!

I like to crank off the occasional power wheelie, especially since droping to a 42 tooth rear sprocket, but ya know what, the busa was made for effortless speed and handling at high velocity. I have laid off them because it is hard on the fork seals, it is just too easy to make a small mistake that ends up having huge consequences. Just my 2c.

Clutching it up?

If you're powering it up your RPM is already too high when you get to BP and you'll find yourself "chasing the wheelie."

If you can clutch it to BP from second gear you can ride all day long at 70 mph. Only thing you have to watch for, like said above, is oil starvation. You should be able to set it down really gently with good throttle control.

The busa may not be a GSX-R1000, with it's high BP and front end weight bias, but it will wheelie like a champ.

i don't wheelie much but i have a buddy that can wheelie anything he gets on.

i've seen him ride wheelies on his busa for 1/4-1/2 mile and more.he can start from a stop light and shift all 6 gears while in the air he can also
pull it up in 2nd or 3rd at 70mph (+ or - a few mph's)and hold it steady there....so yes it can be done
thumb_up.gif

for what it's worth he's 6'1" and 275lbs or so

had a 2006 gold wing that loved to wheelie with my wife on the back.The mufflers would drag and keep it from going over.Very hard on the front end though. sold it to a guy that makes trikes.)8 busa now that will wheelie in 1st 2nd and 3rd easily.

had a 2006 gold wing that loved to wheelie with my wife on the back.The mufflers would drag and keep it from going over.Very hard on the front end though. sold it to a guy that makes trikes.)8 busa now that will wheelie in 1st 2nd and 3rd easily.
Got any pics of the goldwing up in the air ??

Back