Gearing/Chain Lash

Make sure you have NO slop in your throttle cable.
sure you don't want it tight enough to cause increase when turning the front wheel
i do know what you are talking about.
07 brand new did it and my 13 brand new does it.
the slop removed helps.
dyno might eliminate but I'll spend my 400 bucks on restaurants and children.

The busa just jerks a little at very low rpm and speed, nothing you can do about it. I'm -2,+3 and still get it. Nature of the beast.

Not everyone would agree with you on that one Yank :dunno:

Not everything you read on the internet is undisputed.

If by stretch they mean;

"Chain wear: A roller chain is a series of connected journal bearings that articulate as they enter and leave the sprockets. This articulation results in wear on the pins and bushings. As material is worn away from these surfaces, the roller chain gradually elongates". Then chains do stretch.
Extend the wear life of roller chains

If they mean the more prosaic layman's definition of stretch as in the material is elastic and deforms under tension, then chains do not stretch.

It all hinges on how rigorous your definition of stretch is.

cheers
ken

Chains don't stretch. The inner rollers where the sprocket teeth touch and the pins bend from stress.

If what you say is true then why do we have a service limit on 20 links measured with a tape measure ?

rearchain.HTMQUOTE=ZRXMAX;3026731]If what you say is true then why do we have a service limit on 20 links measured with a tape measure ?

Here is a pretty interesting read on chains.
Dan's Motorcycle "The Rear Chain"
Stretching isn't how they describe the wear factor of chain.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone would agree with you on that one Yank :dunno:

Not everything you read on the internet is undisputed.

Here is a pretty interesting read on chains.
Dan's Motorcycle "The Rear Chain"
Stretching isn't how they describe the wear factor of chain.

I lost interest in "Dan" about line 2 when he said its best to lube a chain once every hour. Are you kiddin' me. "Dan can blow me".

He also said chains aren't encased in an oil bath anymore because of the lack of cool factor.

"Dan" says make sure and spray the sides real good. Why,so it can fly off easier.

I could go on but,here's the short version...

"Dan" is a fuggin' idiot.

RSD.[/QUOTE]

I lost interest in "Dan" about line 2 when he said its best to lube a chain once every hour. Are you kiddin' me. "Dan can blow me".

He also said chains aren't encased in an oil bath anymore because of the lack of cool factor.

"Dan" says make sure and spray the sides real good. Why,so it can fly off easier.

I could go on but,here's the short version...

"Dan" is a fuggin' idiot.

RSD.

LMAO! old article.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you just have to think about things for yourself. You can call it wear or stretching because they're the same. If the rollers wear with use, abuse, then obviously the chain will become longer, ergo stretched. What was the original question :laugh:

Oh yea, this mother comes from the factory hitting a lick. Anytime I pull up and a car guy or mechanic is standing around they say something about the lope. Don't really know if changing the gearing will solve your issue. I likey :laugh:

:poke: if you want to ride around at 10-15mph, get a vespa. ???
you sir have a Suzuki Hayabusa. my 1st gear is good to 80mph :race:
turn your idle up, and find a road you can open up on. :thumbs:

Back