Sucking some air

karnage

Registered
I finally got it out for a good hard ride after the tune and mods this evening and it pulls hard and fast to redline now.When its open the airbox is loud now.Now to get ride of the low end chugging when I am cruising in town at low speeds.I would do a TRE but hear nothing good about them.

I was in 3rd 4th didnt matter.Just hate that jerking and the harsh engine braking.Guess its a busa trait??I am told that changing timing will help that.

I was in 3rd 4th didnt matter.Just hate that jerking and the harsh engine braking.Guess its a busa trait??I am told that changing timing will help that.

Did you try 2nd? Anyway, I can agree with that, The Busa is not smooth at low RPM/low speed. I really do not enjoy riding it around town at slow speeds. Solution: stay out of town and WOT.

a new tune? mabey one that makes the bike a tiny bit rich down low to help with lean surging?

BE WARRY of that!! using those buttons will MESS up the tunE! it changes the 3d map in a 2d way!

im probably gonna get flamed for this but who cares. i had a tre on both of my bikes and it DID get rid of all the low end surging/jerking.

if you get the ecu flashed they can change the timing also.

not an expert but i dont think its a fuel issue because the tre(that adds timing) got rid of my bucking/jerking issue. pull the plugs and see what they look like. that will tell you if its lean, rich or ok.

MPS Hayabusa ECU Reprogramming

MPS Racing

15 hp is bull but chuck at tupelo performance said he ususally sees about 2-3 hp gain
Tupelo Performance Cycles brings you the most advanced motorcycle shop for Hayabusas, GSXR1000s, ZX12s and ZX10s parts and installation.

not trying to sell anything just trying to give you some info to help ya out. later

My tuner said he thinks its a little lean down low.He said he tunes for economy down low and can tweak it some.I may try gearing it down some.

My tuner said he thinks its a little lean down low.He said he tunes for economy down low and can tweak it some.I may try gearing it down some.

Does he have the ability to ECU edit ? From everything I've read that would be the better route. Best of luck with it.

mine was too rich down low causing jerking , but still needed a tre to solve it completely , love or hate them , its now silky smooth , pulls like a train , scares the s##t out of me and still returns 54 mpg :laugh::laugh:

My tune was also way too rich on the bottom end. Leaned it up some and now instead of a lugging feeling at low rpm it is a lot smoother and has much better pull. Rolled on the throttle same as always hopping on the freeway and the front end came up on me.

yeah he uses ecu unleashed.Kinda like ecu editor but he is very versed with this software.I may try a TRE since they are pretty cheap.

mine was too rich down low causing jerking , but still needed a tre to solve it completely , love or hate them , its now silky smooth , pulls like a train , scares the s##t out of me and still returns 54 mpg :laugh::laugh:

Hmm, curious, does the TRE make your gear indicator read "5" all the time?

If you have the indicater then yes but a smart TRE is supposed to be able to change he gears like a GIpro.

Back