Gear up?  Another gear post

scottybusa

Donating Member
Registered
For anyone who has some input, I'm looking for leather pants and some riding boots. Anybody have any suggestions as to where I should spend my bucks? Once again I'm on a budget, but want to stick with the leather stuff..........my leather jacket has been fantastic....even on hot days!!!! Any help?

AAAssjani.gif

Where to buy, or what brand? Try Newenough.com in either case. Check to see what is on close out. They usually have awesome deals. Joe Rocket is a solid value as is AGV etc. Many to chose from.

For boots, Sidi is king, but again there are many to chose from.

how I missed this I don not know, but you can try those guys whose names I emailed you. And EAK is on the money with newenough...they also have an Ebay store if I believe correctly.

Good deals to be had there as well as those other guys. Rubbah also had some friends who set up and Ebay shop with some pretty good clearance deals, you may wanna PM him for the name of the shop.

Long live the "Iron Butt" experience!!!
wink.gif

Boots.

Sidi's are respected by all. I have never owned a set but My friend has a set of vertebra 2's and they seem real nice.

I personally will not by them. I like the alpinstars SMX Plus. Here is why. The sidi has on zipper up the side, thats it. The SMX Plus has a Zipper up the side, plus laces inside, and a motocross style latch to cinch it all together. I freakin love them. My only complaint is they squeak when I walk. They are comfortable and are sturdy as hell.

Another buddy ordered the comparable Joe Rocket boots, and they just plain suck. But, I like their leathers A lot.

Quick link to smx plus
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/34-A512

I find the squeek goes away on the right boot if you loose youre oil cap and drench the whole boot in about 1 litre of expensive rock oil
wow.gif
. I would not try this as it makes traction very hard!!
Go for the more inexpensive option of wd40.

Thanks guys............I've been hangin' at Newenough for a while, just couldn't make up my mind. Thanks pacman.............my butts already sore just thinkin' about it................just waiting for the weather to turn!!!
biggrin.gif

Scott

Back