Gear-shifts without clutch

BusaDenmark

Registered
Hey guys.

I have had my first busa for two months now and still loving it ❤️
Awesome motor and great handling and ergos

While getting to know it better i'm also at the stage where i am opening up and accelerating at full throttle etc. At this point i've encountered a new thing (compared to former and slower bikes) : When accelarating at max throttle i kind of feel uncomfortable realasing my firm grip with left hand to engage the clutch when shifting up through the gears. So i've relied on normal non-clutch gearshifting with short release on throttle & shift & full throttle again. Only clutched from 1st to 2nd. But how do you guys do it? Am i just a newbie? I am talking race - not normal cruising ofc

Thanks in advance for any replies

Greetings from Denmark

Your hands are on the handlebars to control the vehicle, not to keep you on the bike. It sounds like you're gripping too hard and just need time to get more comfortable on it.

I don't see a problem with upshifting without a clutch as long as you release the throttle long enough to take the load off the transmission (as you said you do), but as mysql said, it shouldn't be because you can't hang on. Grip the tank harder with your knees. I get lazy when I ride around town or cruise on the highway, but you should always be able to let go of the handlebars without falling forward or back.

Get yourself a quick shifter and you will minimize the risk of transmission damage.

Your hands are on the handlebars to control the vehicle, not to keep you on the bike. It sounds like you're gripping too hard and just need time to get more comfortable on it.

You might be right. I just feel the acceleration is hardcore enough to demand/require a pretty solid grip on the handlebars while going full throttle. But perhaps I just need to get used to the brutal force :laugh:

Back