New to Hayabusa, What is this CLUNK?

stormypetrel

Registered
So I've just got my first busa, fulfilling a lifelong dream and I have a question. It's an 01 with 19k on it.

When downshifting, if I re-engage the clutch with NO throttle I get this horrible CLUNK sound (3-4 of them and a studder). Is this normal for the beast? I have zero other issues with shifting. When I throttle blip, or even just give it a little extra throttle, it goes into gear as smooth as any other bike I've had. What's the deal?

Thanks!

A cush drive is a part of a motorcycle or scooter drive-train that is designed to reduce stress from engine torque damaging other components during gear or throttle changes. A common design used by almost all street motorcycles, it has three major pieces: the wheel, the sprocket assembly, and the rubber damper. The wheel and the sprocket assembly fit together with five sections much like two hands woven together. In between the contact of the two assembly are rubber blocks. This makes it so the wheel and the sprocket have a dampening layer between them, and the rubber blocks reduce wear and fatigue of the metal assemblies. Another popular system incorporates metallic compression type coil springs placed between the input and output shafts of the cush drive assembly.

This would be a cheap fix if it's just that .Hope for that!!!

why are my letters so dark...lol

Back