gear shift cover removal!

cencalmatt

Registered
OK. So. Bottom line is I need to get my gear shift cover off (for anybody that knows exactly what I'm trying to say) and just one bolt I cannot get to. If you've removed it before then you know what I am talking about. The frame blocks it by maybe a 1/4 inch whe it comes down to attatch to the swing arm and kick stand.
Getting on the freeway today and my chain busted (I'm guessing that's all that happened) and it basically destroyed the water pump and that whole cover piece. Some parts flew out on the freeway and I don't know exactly what they were. Anyhow, if ANYONE knows a trick to getting at this bolt without dropping the entire motor, PLEASE let me know! I don't have a garage and my mechanical knowledge isn't spectacular. I got a friend helping me tear it down but were stuck at this bolt. He is hoping we can stick a jack under it and the motor will shift enough to get at it but what do you guys think? Any help here is appreciated.

Go to Harbor Freight and buy a Metric Offset Box End Wrench Set for $12.95. You need the 8mm and it will come right out. Once you get it about half way out you can use an open end to get it the rest of the way.

Back