Shift lever replacement

thepope

Registered
Hey I'm replacing my shift lever and I've got the 10mm bolts loosened and removed the bar, but I can't get the actual lever assembly off the bike. The manual says to remove a bolt between the mount and lever, but the space is too small for a wrench. Does anybody know how to get it off and is there a trick or special tool required?

Hey I'm replacing my shift lever and I've got the 10mm bolts loosened and removed the bar, but I can't get the actual lever assembly off the bike. The manual says to remove a bolt between the mount and lever, but the space is too small for a wrench. Does anybody know how to get it off and is there a trick or special tool required?

Post a pic of what ur talking about. I just went out and looked at mine and there nothing in the way. Are you trying to take off the rear set or just the mechanism on the tranny itself?

welcome to the org and you will need a circlip remover to take the actual lever off.

the circlip remover wiley is referring to is actually called...snap ring pliers. But yes, he is correct, if thats the case, you need snap ring pliers to remove the snap ring from the shaft and the "lever" should slide right off. The only piece there that has a 10mm hex heaad is the bolt on the control mechanism which DOES NOT need to come off to remove the lever.

the circlip remover wiley is referring to is actually called...snap ring pliers. But yes, he is correct, if thats the case, you need snap ring pliers to remove the snap ring from the shaft and the "lever" should slide right off. The only piece there that has a 10mm hex heaad is the bolt on the control mechanism which DOES NOT need to come off to remove the lever.
yeah what they said...also on the shift rode itself if you do ned to pul it you can get that 10mm bolt out about 3/4 of the way then it hits the kickstand switch, if you are carefull you should be able to pull it off without removing the kickstand switch just jiggle that 10 mm bolt around a bit and eventually it will alow the shifter to slip off the rod

So you putting one on like this.

(( Shameless I know ))

===================================================================

MISTY ALL AROUND 012.jpg

Last edited:
Remove the clip, then change the lever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back