Gear Indicators

Darden

Registered
I'm interested in installing the Acumen "plug & play" Digital gear indicator on my '04 'Busa.

Anybody have experience with installation, use & quality?

From what I understand the Acumen can lag a bit after the gear change as it calculates via the tachometer signal

I have an Indicator from EKS which also has a built in smart TRE, it also reads straight from the gear selector so there is no lag at all

And it' cheaper

around $100US delivered

<!--EDIT|ohzone
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114087734 -->

Acumen is good... dont know about the delay though. I have orderd mine a couple of days back...!! Will keep youposted on how it works...

Hey bro you're on this board too sweet. I still say you dont need one
wink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4543675911&category=50463&sspagename=WDVW

From what I understand the Acumen can lag a bit after the gear change as it calculates via the tachometer signal

I have an Indicator from EKS which also has a built in smart TRE, it also reads straight from the gear selector so there is no lag at all

And it' cheaper

around $100US delivered
Could you tel me more about this gear indicator please?NJ.

And it' cheaper

around $100US delivered
Could you tel me more about this gear indicator please?NJ.
me too... I am most interested in this one...
biggrin.gif
Any other experiences...?

Went with the Acumen on mine. There is a bit of a delay, but I use mine for reference anyway.

And it' cheaper

around $100US delivered
There was a thread about this earlier and as I understand it they are not available or are no longer made. That info could have changed as people looked into it but that is where it was at when I saaw the thread last.
smile.gif

On a side note. Why can't someone with their engeneering skills also make the option to have the TRE only click on in 6th gear to show a 5th gear map? All these other options and they can't figure that one out. This product does sound interesting though.

I have said for a long time that Dynojet could fix this and have a kick ass product. Have a power commander the way it is now with the following additions:
*Mapping by gear
*TRE values by gear
Just the mapping by gear would be huge in solving the FI bullsh#$!
smile.gif

And it' cheaper

around $100US delivered
I'm sending an email to the manufacturer. They don't seem to have prices on the site.

This seems to be a better option for the 'Busa/Gixxer1K, because it uses the Gear Position Sensor (GPS)

It Cost me $100 US to Australia, it works well with a discrete but effective display
it has a nice blue display that matches my indiglo gauges well

This is how you connect it, plus you have a power connection also to the switched power connector above the right indicator in the nose

This is where I mounted my display, easily seen while riding

I emailed the guy from eks and they cost 99 dollars. But there is a large backorder. If you email him he will put you one the list and then contact you when they are ready.

I've got the Acumen, and the install of the unit itself is painless (just make sure you get the correct harness). The biggest pain is determining where to mount the sucker, and the cutting of holes, etc.

When asking the question of "Would I buy it again?", the answer would be probably no. The delay is a bit irksome. At slower speeds (around town), it can be a bit irritating, but I really only use it at freeway speeds. It does look nice, and is a cool gadget.

I wish it just read the resistor value rather than doing the RPM vs. Speed calculation, but then it wouldn't work with a TRE. Oh well.

That's my $0.02 (that's $0.25 Canadian).

That,s why the EKS unit is better because it has the smart TRE built into it and it reads off the resistor value so it indicates immediatley

Back