gear indicator and speedohealer prob

SPEEDEMON

Donating Member
Registered
Ok so a month and half ago I installed the acumen gear indicator and it worked fine.
Last week I installed a speedohealer, and set it up right, it has the button for top speed recall, it’s the newest model.
Anyway my gear indicator doesn’t work at all, it just makes that stupid flashing lines in a circle and shows the wrong gear, e.g. 2 gear it show 6, basically its fu(ked...
So what’s the prob, is it bec the speedohealer is sending the gear indicator a diff signal and now I have to recalibrate it?
I will try that and see, oh and how do I reset my ear indicator?
If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

You answered your own Q. The speedohealer has changed the signal rate the accumen sees and therefore it can't corelate it to anything and it is just giving you the "i'm fussy" blink. Reprogram the gear indicator and it will work like a charm again.
smile.gif

right click and 'save as' to your computer and then you can look at it full size so it can be read clearly.
smile.gif

front.jpg

thanx for the help...
thats what i thought i just didnt want to reprogram if it wasnt the prob.
wow i love this place!!
blush.gif

Speedemon - I've always hated the fact that there is no gear indicator. Do you like the Acumen? Where did you mount it?

the gear indicator is so helpfull.
i have not tried any others but the acumen, but it works for me.
it takes a few seconds to change gear # when you shift, and sometimes when i down shift from lke 3 to 2 it will say 5 for sec and then change to 2.
overall it works great and like i said i dont know how the others work so they could be much worse or better, but i would get the acumen again.
as far as mounting i put it on the left side of the gauges just to the right of the left turnd indicator, i will try to get a picture in the next few days of it.

Back