installation of gear indicator!

toys

Registered
Hi may i know is there anyone here knows how to install a acumen gear indicator?Wanted to DIY but don't know where to start with!

Acumen

Remove the upper fairing and unplug the wiring harness that goes to the gauges. You will need to remove the tape or covering to expose the wires so that you can tap into them. Below are the wires that you need to hook together, the column on the left are the wires from the bike and the column on the right are the wires from the indicator.

Bike                         Indicator

Orange/Green       -      Red  
Blue/Black            -      Green
Pink                     -      Orange
Yellow/Blue          -      Brown

(jjmetheny @ Mar. 10 2007,01:27) Acumen

Remove the upper fairing and unplug the wiring harness that goes to the gauges. You will need to remove the tape or covering to expose the wires so that you can tap into them. Below are the wires that you need to hook together, the column on the left are the wires from the bike and the column on the right are the wires from the indicator.

Bike                         Indicator

Orange/Green       -      Red  
Blue/Black            -      Green
Pink                     -      Orange
Yellow/Blue          -      Brown
thank you for the info but on the indicator there's 1 more black wire,may i know where shall i connect it to?

(MeatyFrank @ Mar. 10 2007,10:01) i think you can get a plug and play harness to use if you don't want to tap into the wires
OIC so the black is ground,thank you so much!As you said there's a plug and play harness,may i know where can i buy and how's it's looks like?

you can take a look at the plug and play harness here: http://www.elitemotorcycleservices.co.uk/page40.html

I hope that helps...you should be able to find more of them on the internet...good luck with the install!
beerchug.gif

The $40-$50 they want for the harness is ridiculous. With just 5 wires to splice there's no reason I would get the harness.

(jjmetheny @ Mar. 11 2007,10:23) The $40-$50 they want for the harness is ridiculous. With just 5 wires to splice there's no reason I would get the harness.
Wow what a expensive harness,i think i'll go with you!Anyway i saw the Acumen installation guide just like what you told me but the model of the bike is GSX1300R K3 up to 04.How bout the older model without powercut year1999 to 2000 model?Is it the same too?

just so you know...the link I gave you is to a european company...that isn't in american dollars...not sure what it translates to but I just wanted to make sure you knew that...hope the install goes well!

(MeatyFrank @ Mar. 11 2007,16:50) just so you know...the link I gave you is to a european company...that isn't in american dollars...not sure what it translates to but I just wanted to make sure you knew that...hope the install goes well!
I'll try to do it and update you guys but it won't be so soon got to find a long day which i'm free to start it!Really thanks for all the help i got here!

Back