Gear indicator Questions????

turb06LE240

Registered
Does anyone have a indicator on there busa, if so what is the best one to get, my gear ratio is going to be changed 18 front 42 rear with a 240-40-18 tire
Thanks in advance

gi pro, or acumen
everone will say gi pro or greg's aka boostbysmith
if you want digital gi pro is the answer
greg has a nice setup also

I'm with the everyone that pushercg talks about....I have the boostbysmith. Greg's a very good person to do business with and helpful. Besides the GI, you get a modded GPS (no more restriction) and its available with a shift light, all in a nice plug-n-play package. Even though its not a digital/numeric read-out, I have no problem with the LED's. And you can ask to have 1st gear blue, 2-5 amber and 6th in red if you want, so it would be even easier to tell 1, from 6th. GL

I have both shift light and gear indicator by Acumen - I like them , but they do lag a little.... no experience with other set ups... here is a pic:

DSC04135.JPG

Here is a pic where you can see what they look like:

bluegauges_4_bessie__Small_.JPG

(hottrodd7 @ Dec. 10 2006,10:14) GI PRO here.  Looks goods, works well and super easy to install
Same here - we got ours at the same time. PLug & play - 15 min install start to finish and that was taking my time. Here's a pic (that was 3500 miles ago)

DSCF0002-1.jpg

(CAT3 @ Dec. 10 2006,07:05) I'm with the everyone that pushercg talks about....I have the boostbysmith.  Greg's a very good person to do business with and helpful.  Besides the GI, you get a modded GPS (no more restriction) and its available with a shift light, all in a nice plug-n-play package.  Even though its not a digital/numeric read-out, I have no problem with the LED's.  And you can ask to have 1st gear blue, 2-5 amber and 6th in red if you want, so it would be even easier to tell 1, from 6th.  GL
that's pretty cool..having different led's for gears.

Wonder if this will work with the Ivan simple TRE of does it replace the TRE?

runeight...

(runeight @ Dec. 10 2006,08:56)
(CAT3 @ Dec. 10 2006,07:05) I'm with the everyone that pushercg talks about....I have the boostbysmith.  Greg's a very good person to do business with and helpful.  Besides the GI, you get a modded GPS (no more restriction) and its available with a shift light, all in a nice plug-n-play package.  Even though its not a digital/numeric read-out, I have no problem with the LED's.  And you can ask to have 1st gear blue, 2-5 amber and 6th in red if you want, so it would be even easier to tell 1, from 6th.  GL
that's pretty cool..having different led's for gears.

Wonder if this will work with the Ivan simple TRE of does it replace the TRE?

runeight...
i would think it would replace the tre cause it does the gps mod instead so it unrestricts it the way it should be done, i am dealing with boostbysmith right now on a shift light, and after reading some of the other things he does i wish i would have went with the leds for gear indicators and shift lights and launch lights. seems like a good setup

greg told me that the gear indicator has a tre "or a form of it" installed to make it work. i forgot the details now.

I believe smithabusa's g/s utilizes the tre..
I wouldn't buy another Acumen if you twisted my arm 300 degrees around!

I am going ot go with gregs and hes going to modify my gear indicator, thanks for the help guys, I appretiate the info A LOT..
bowdown.gif

So, the pics of the segmented LED. Is this the gear indicator ? If so I assume it gives you a numeric display
rock.gif

(dadofthree @ Dec. 10 2006,17:55) So, the pics of the segmented LED. Is this the gear indicator ?  If so I assume it gives you a numeric display
rock.gif
Which pics are you talking about?

I think he is talking about yours shawn...most dont realize that the number dipllayed in you pic is the "N" for neutral..
And yes,it gives numeric display 1,2,3,4 ect...

Back