Garage Heat

Well, I can tell you from my experience of working in the garage in Michigan that kerosene will just about kill you if your out there very long. Propane is MUCH nicer. I had a torpedo heater and it worked fine. It was 85,000 adjustable to 55,000 I think. They heat the garage up in about 30 minutes and then you have to cycle it or have a thermostat. I was too cheap for the thermostat and I wish I had it! For an electric heater you would need a BIG one. Electric would be the nicest though. Even with propane the fumes get to you after a few hours. So, the nicest in my opinion would be a fairly big electric heater wired into the 220 circuit. You have to turn them on, wait an hour and then go into the garage. Good Luck. If you don't get electric, watch those fumes!!

Love how these southern and southwestern guys share what they use! They don't even know what cold is! It's 28 here now, tomorrow morning's low will be 16. With a nice breeze to go with it! Just lit the wood burner, gonna finish renewing the polish job on my frame, and help a buddy install fairing screens on the ZX-10 he picked up last week.

unfortunately I live in a mobile home so my "garage/shop" is nothing more than a 12x12 wooden building. That being said, I bought a $30 electric heater from biglots with a built in thermostat. Last winter it was able to keep the temperature in there at around 60-65...just fine for hanging out and working on my bike and other little projects. I'm thinking if I add some insulation, it should be able to hold 70 or so. :thumbsup:

Back