galfer line problem

card16969

Registered
So i trailored the bike to the dyno on friday and since i didnt have the front fender on because all my plastics are at paint i zip tied my new galfer lines to my fork bodies to keep them away from the front wheel when loading and unloading it from the trailer. When i got to the dyno i had absolutely no front brake pressure and the front lines looked a little rough. When i got home i checked all of the fittings and bled the lines again and would get a firm lever but would lose pressure over a couple minutes till it was right back to having nothing at all. The shielding from the bike bouncing rubbed completely off on each of the lines and its above where the tire is so you can tell its only when the bike bounced. The ride was 3.5 hours each way so she had plenty of time to bounce even though she was mounted down quite well but ive never had a line do something like this. Has anybody ever had problems like this with SS lines? I wrote galfer friday night and was hoping for a response back today but never got one, hopefully i hear back from them tomorrow.

2012-07-08_00-12-01_445.jpg

2012-07-08_00-11-54_314.jpg

I have seen this happen, but it doesn't look like any of the braids were damaged; are the drops on the forks brake fluid? if you are losing pressure, you should be able to see where the fluid is coming from. Do you have an idea about new lines?

I have never seen it on a bike but I feel sure if you cant keep pressure you have a hole somewhere. When I put my clutch line on I put a clear piece of plastic hose where it was on the frame coming out around the gas tank. I ran bradded line on all my cars and have seen them separate. I would replace them and hopefully they will get back to you tomorrow.

Nope those drops are from something on the road or something. ive installed new lines many times but have never had them just lose pressure. I bled them again last night and zip tied the lever back to let any air bubbles out and had pressure again but after pumping the lever a few times all the pressure disappeared. Ive checked the bleeders and pulled the pads and theres no fluid anywhere.

I have never seen it on a bike but I feel sure if you cant keep pressure you have a hole somewhere. When I put my clutch line on I put a clear piece of plastic hose where it was on the frame coming out around the gas tank. I ran bradded line on all my cars and have seen them separate. I would replace them and hopefully they will get back to you tomorrow.

just annoying that they are brand new lines and already having a problem but i guess its better than being out riding and losing brakes

Give it a few days and check the bottom of the lines by the fittings, i had a small hole develop in my rear line i chased for quite some time, it was actually filling up the outer sleeve with fluid until it finally popped a small hole down where the fitting was, was small enough it never swelled the line enough to notice but kept giving me a dead lever. If thats the case on yours it might start running over where its run through.

I've seen lines do that but not from rubbing during a trailer ride. Hope they take care of ya.

Give it a few days and check the bottom of the lines by the fittings, i had a small hole develop in my rear line i chased for quite some time, it was actually filling up the outer sleeve with fluid until it finally popped a small hole down where the fitting was, was small enough it never swelled the line enough to notice but kept giving me a dead lever. If thats the case on yours it might start running over where its run through.

I've seen lines do that but not from rubbing during a trailer ride. Hope they take care of ya.

I hope so too, ive had lines get a little spongy after a ride and have to be bled again a few times to get all the air out but ive never had one after 3 pulls feel like theres not even a caliper attached to the line. Im talking to froggy he said hes still having problems with his getting spongy. Ill check my rear line again but last i checked it still had good pressure.

I spent some time talking to the tech at galfer today and he said that they have had a few problems with the dual line setups rubbing and having issues so they have come up with a seperator that will hold them apart for the new kits to prevent this issue and that they are going to warranty my lines. As far as the bleeding procedure he had me walk him through the process of how i was doing it and he said i was doing it the way he would recommend and either there is an issue with the lines or the master cylinder. He said that the coffin type master on the busas are absolutely horrible and to look into upgrading to a radial master off of a 750 or 1000 as it has a larger bore than the one that came with the busa and with the size of the busa and the amount of power it has he said he doesnt know why they didnt come with a bigger bore master than what it did. Other than going to the brembo master does anyone have experience going to a different master so i can start shopping around for them?

Question from a dummy. Can you mod the stock master bore to a larger one making it better?
Would that work? Drill it out a bit? :laugh: :stoopid:

Question from a dummy. Can you mod the stock master bore to a larger one making it better?
Would that work? Drill it out a bit? :laugh: :stoopid:

lol not exactly an experiment i want to try why dont you bust out the drill and try it and tell me how it works out lol

Back