galfer clutch line or no?

card16969

Registered
So im finishing up my build and to say the least the money has gotten really tight. i have everything tore down and its starting to go back together the clutch line is disconnected from the clutch slave and have cleaned out the piston and cylinder so everything is going to have to be bled. Now im at the decision point.. run the stock clutch line and be able to tune the bike next month like planned and have the bike sitting there waiting for me for the day i get my license back in july or wait till july to get it tuned and be putting it back together right at the last minute lol. How much of a difference at all do you see running a galfer clutch line over stock. I know it will match my galfer brake lines and i wont have to replace the fluid again if i replace it next winter. For those of you who have galfer clutch lines what is your opinions?

I really didn't notice a difference between the stock line and the spiegler line that is on the bike.

Also did NOT notice any change when I swapped the clutch line on my old 08 to Galfer

yup, to match the brake lines (NOT an expert, just my opinion)

i know that brake lines are a huge difference but ive never done the clutch lines so im guessing im going to wind up doing it next year to make it match instead of this year since its not a huge difference

I think if you were to ride hard at a track day, you would have a big difference as the stock lines will not tolerate the heat as well. The SS lines will not swell with the high heat you will get at a track day.

I think if you were to ride hard at a track day, you would have a big difference as the stock lines will not tolerate the heat as well. The SS lines will not swell with the high heat you will get at a track day.

im not a track rider at all im a ride around the city and country kind of guy... id do a track day once but that would be about it im all about the scenery

Going to install mine next time I have the fairings off. Wondering if the fact that it takes the expansion and contraction of the line out of the equation, if fluid life will be extended.
Mine was a freebie with my Galfer Rotor, line, pad purchase. (;~)

Back