Gah! wrench vs gas tank

If there is no dent I would consider touching up exposed area with a brush, then i would take a hairdryer and remove the factory emblem on the tank. I would then position it over the touched up area and reposition the opposite side in the same manner so as to keep both sides symmetrical. JMHO

If there is no dent I would consider touching up exposed area with a brush, then i would take a hairdryer and remove the factory emblem on the tank. I would then position it over the touched up area and reposition the opposite side in the same manner so as to keep both sides symmetrical. JMHO

This is exactly what i was thinking of doing. Has anyone done this before? Will the decal stay in the new location or should I just order new decals?

when I removed my decals i chose to reapply them with a product from 3M called emblem adhesive. Its a clear product. I applied it sparingly on my exis.ting decals, cleaned the area where I was repositioning and then laid them on. I used masking tape to hold them in place for a few hours, that has been over 2 years ago and i have no problem with them coming up in any way, shape, or form.

Back