Frustrated New Busa Owner... Grumbling.

Youll be fine with the busa. Takes getting used to. Dont lose hope and start thinking negative. Get your head on straight and just ride the busa. Know your riding a 500lb monster and ride it as such.

Be safe! I dont want to see a new thread of you getting hurt!

III thinks this may be the perfect situation for the infamous MODE button? ???
(I've come across quite a few Lamb postings recently and just couldn't help myself) :rofl:

<grin> My problem is not with the throttle, though Mode C (gee, haven't used that term since I was flying planes) might be useful in a bad situation. Mode A or B may be quite useful getting me out of bad situations on open roads (too many drivers follow too dadgummed closely here--big problem here in FL, where motorcyclists "get no respect").

For what it is worth... had a great pair of rides this afternoon.

Took the Ninja 250 out to the local community college parking lot and played around with MSF Basic Course maneuvers. TERRIBLE parking lot (asphalt=slick, or regular pavement with some gravel). Found that it is terribly easy to lock up the rear wheel on that bike nowadays...

Then, took the Busa there and did some of the same things. Practiced weaves as well as quick stops, turning stops, etc. She is fairly forgiving most of the time. Once I showed up with the Busa, cops were hanging out trying to find speeders coming through campus, so didn't hang out too long. The officer was sitting in his cruiser right where I'd wanted to practice, so did a few maneuvers and headed back out onto the road to ride.

Good afternoon... probably 90 minutes of riding, most of it working maneuvers.

Mike

Back