Funny thing happened

I've said some shid here but I look at it this way...I waive to everybody...and if they don't waive back?....I just smile figuring that based on sheer attitude alone?..I must be having a far better day than they are!
biggrin.gif

I guess it just turns out that most of those who don't waive back seem to be on HD's....then again?...statistically speaking?...it could be a "Per Capita" thing...right?.......right?.............RIGHT?!!!.....okay..even I call bs on that one.
laugh.gif

I work with three guys that all ride harley's. Every day I hear the same old thing. "Disposable bike" because there bike costs twice as much, then I add and runs half as fast, if its not in the shop.
Since I am the only one where I work that has a Busa I printed out this phrase for the others:
1st and 2nd gear to race Harleys.
3rd thru 5th for all other sport bikes.
6th gear for running with other HAYABUSA's!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I have the V-Rod Street Rod. I have never felt so ostricised in my life. The HD guys want nothing to do with me and the metrics are the same way. There is just no happy medium with this gutless turd POS.

Around here you have the handfull of guys that only care that you ride. Then you have the red neck iceholes that will do everything from yell at you, not let you pass their slow motion azz, or try and run you off the road in their HD sticker applied trucks and vans.

Last year there were a couple of these said red necks at the gas station we stopped at. They felt the need to give us grief. Being the good natured riders we are, we took it with a grain of salt. They did the obligatory rev the engine and take off out of the gas station, in town, loud and fast. We left about 15 minutes later. 15 or so miles down the road, wat did we see...?
rock.gif
The Harley sitting along the side of the road broke down. We tried to pull over and give them a hand, and got the same crap. Them screaming at us about our rice burners etc. So we left them to their own demise. Aint got but 7 teeth. 3 in their head and 4 in their pocket.

Later,

Steve

I've said some shid here but I look at it this way...I waive to everybody...and if they don't waive back?....I just smile figuring that based on sheer attitude alone?..I must be having a far better day than they are!
biggrin.gif

I guess it just turns out that most of those who don't waive back seem to be on HD's....then again?...statistically speaking?...it could be a "Per Capita" thing...right?.......right?.............RIGHT?!!!.....okay..even I call bs on that one.
laugh.gif
I use a low two finger waive (low peace sign) if I get an attitude it quickly becomes a on finger waive. Doesn't happen often because for the most part I figure if they don't waive it is because the are handing on the vibrating beast for Dear Life and to let go would be detrimental. There are those that just need a good bird waive.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I used to get tickled at the HD mags where the reader's always complained about the Jap bike riders not stopping to help them if they were broke down. I sent in a letter one day asking if these were the same riders they never waved at when they were riding. If it was, then they had a lot of gall complaining about someone not stopping.

Even when I rode HD, I threw my hand up at anybody that wanted to wave. I still do. Who cares what they're riding? I threw my hand up one time at a kid on a moped. He waved back with a lot of enthusiasm. I made him feel good and it didn't cost me a thing.

Kinda sad and kinda funny story. I don't get it either. I try to wave (peace sign) to everyone. Though, I have to agree that the vast majority of the non-wave-back crowd are HD riders. Usually, they are younger (20's-30's). The old HD fard's seem to have lost some of the attitude and many of them will wave back.

Honestly, it's not just HD riders that have "attitude". I think HD riders might have more visibilty (or perhaps more attitude-per-capita). But in general, I've seen plenty of "attitude" from riders of ALL makes.

Including Busa riders
tounge.gif

OMG--I started this thread because I was a little PO'ed and thought it was just me. I never realized that others got the attitude too. Like others have said I wave to all. If they don't wave back, OH WELL my life will go on! It's just that I never thought I'd have to put up with such shid from a mama in the parking lot. In the end, I'm over it and I'll continue to have fun on my 'busa. And yes--I'll continue to stop and see my HD dealer friend cause he's a cool guy. I'll just be more prepared for attempted parking lot bashing!!!

I ride with a guy who owns a Road King (keeps me from getting speeding tickets LOL!). I have been to several poker runs, charity rides and swap meets and have never had any real problems. I even go to the local HD shop on ocassion cause I like checking out the cool custom bikes they build.

The few times someone said anything to me about riding a rice burner I tell them we should go run for pink slips...that usually ends the conversation!

I don't care what you ride - just ride!

Most HD riders here in Iowa don't wave at Jap bikes, or else they rev their engines like they are going to do something.  I just shake my head and laugh!
Maybe it's your attitude billbell. Are you aware that Jap is derogatory. I see you use it in sentence and in your avatar quote. We ride Japanese motorcycles and I also ride a H-D. I don't have a problem with other H-D riders when I am on my Busa. I think it might all be in perception of the rider. IMO anyway. Bob

Back