Funny thing happened

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
Was out for a ride the other day and decided to stop into the local HD dealer. The owner is a pretty cool guy, always gives me some ribbing about not riding a HD but in the end as long as what I ride has 2 wheels he's cool with it. ANYWAYS--I'm walking out to the parking lot and this big biker mama (you know--mullet, front teeth missing, titties down to her knees, etc), shouts out "Hey,no f---ing rice burners allowed here!!" Her old man just kind of gives me a stupid look. So I says: "Oh really--well mine didn't just get out of the repair shop ---AGAIN!!!" I jumped on the 'busa and drove away. Why do some (certainly not all) of these people have such an attitude? Burns my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alot of the harley riders have that red neck attitude. They try to say they are true Americans and spend their money on American products, but, if you look, most of them do not have any teeth, greasy hair, ugly women, and they are dumb as a box of rocks! The true harley riders respect everyone and everyone's choice of bike!

If they could read they would see that most of the parts come from Japan. (Electronics)

I've never had that problem on either my Ducati or the Suzuki. But I imagine it's because they are somehow jealous of the performance and reliability aspects of the Japanese bikes. But they also somehow forget that most of everything else they buy--phones, cell phones, appliances, tvs, car parts, computers, clothes, games, accessories--all come from the East. I'd simply keep on walking.

I can explain the attitude....the guys are mad because it's been years since they were able to see their little-willie when they take a whiz because of their big belly. The gals have the attitude because their ever expanding saddle baggs have been attached to their hips for years, and they are still dreaming of the day they will feel the Vibration HD promised em, but fail to get off on.

I can explain the attitude....the guys are mad because it's been years since they were able to see their little-willie when they take a whiz because of their big belly. The gals have the attitude because their ever expanding saddle baggs have been attached to their hips for years, and they are still dreaming of the day they will feel the Vibration HD promised em, but fail to get off on.
LOL--That's it, That's it, I think you finally hit the nail on the head!! I wanted to tell the mama that I'd need a double-wide 'busa to haul her a$$. But, the kinder, gentler me took over!! LOL

Now that's a visual I didn't need today.

drooling3.gif

Mudflaps. That's all I can say. Mudflaps.

--Wag--

Most HD riders here in Iowa don't wave at Jap bikes, or else they rev their engines like they are going to do something. I just shake my head and laugh!

everyone here for the most part will wave when you wave, although there are a few that will not. there loss.

Now thats funny.....I don't care who ya are....thats funny right there!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

It's a whole different kinda person man... I was hoping that after riding one for 500 miles, and working right outside the HD dealership that I would come to appreciate or understand the True Draw, the Meaning of HD if you will...

Sorry but there isn't a meaning. It's a cult, a non-thinking alegience to an Image. False Idle worship if you will. Don't bother asking questions. Don't try to convinve them of anything. It's like arguing religion, the believers believe because they want to believe and there is no logic, or reasoning with them. There are some good people out there on Harley's, folks that are riding them because they are American, or because they believe there is some inherent value. But largley, it makes no sense...

I was astonished at just how poorly the 2006 Softail I was on went about doing it's job as a motorcycle at ANYTHING over about 40 MPH. Not exagerating. Crap tires, crap Frame, Crap Motor, Not at home on the backroads, WAY OUT of it's element on the Interstate, but right at home in stop and go under 40 MPH. GO figure, it's a perfect bike to park outside a Bar, To enter parades with, to park on the Main Drag and enjoy the Chrome... Otherwise, it's a "lifestyle Appliance" NOT a Motorcycle.

sad.gif
Hell it was SO bad I gave up the notion of a Big Twin altogether and instead bought a Mazda.... THAT'S BAD!!!

My Harley Riding friends here on the board, sorry Bro's, you know I am teeing off. I still love ya. STalKeR, T-Bone, ya know who you are.
wink.gif

It's a superiority complex thing...that runs like this...

I paid more for my bike than you did and it is made in The U.S. Of A. and yours in a throw-away made in crapan......therefore?...I am superior!"

kinda mindset....then again?...you also have the geeks who got their azz kicked all through high school...and now that thgey're a high paid gynocologist?...and can afford a custom fantasy chopper?...they are one bad azz from he11...assuming their wife let's'em go out for a ride that is...LOL!...and they won't waive back either! LOL!    you know the type...black t-shirt?...lone wolf howling into the moon lit darkness of a cold winter night?...that smells like fresh tide laundry detergent?...along with the brand new black leather chaps with nary a scratch on'em?...that guy...he ain't waiving back...take it to the bank. LOL!

The rest are okay though...except they don't ride any more...it's too dangerous...lost too many drunken friends to benefit poker runs...now they cruise about in vintage ford trucks with the HD wing decal and A.B.A.T.E. stickers across the back cab window..damn them commy helmet laws..I want my freedom!...that's your REAL hd riders today. LOL!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144535068 -->

It's a whole different kinda person man...  I was hoping that after riding one for 500 miles, and working right outside the HD dealership that I would come to appreciate or understand the True Draw, the Meaning of HD if you will...

Sorry but there isn't a meaning.  It's a cult, a non-thinking alegience to an Image.  False Idle worship if you will.  Don't bother asking questions.  Don't try to convinve them of anything.  It's like arguing religion, the believers believe because they want to believe and there is no logic, or reasoning with them.    There are some good people out there on Harley's, folks that are riding them because they are American, or because they believe there is some inherent value.  But largley, it makes no sense...

I was astonished at just how poorly the 2006 Softail I was on went about doing it's job as a motorcycle at ANYTHING over about 40 MPH.  Not exagerating.  Crap tires, crap Frame, Crap Motor, Not at home on the backroads, WAY OUT of it's element on the Interstate, but right at home in stop and go under 40 MPH.  GO figure, it's a perfect bike to park outside a Bar, To enter parades with, to park on the Main Drag and enjoy the Chrome...  Otherwise, it's a "lifestyle Appliance" NOT a Motorcycle.

sad.gif
  Hell it was SO bad I gave up the notion of a Big Twin altogether and instead bought a Mazda....  THAT'S BAD!!!

My Harley Riding friends here on the board, sorry Bro's, you know I am teeing off.  I still love ya.  STalKeR, T-Bone, ya know who you are.
wink.gif
I understand alot of what you're saying, BUT... I respect every individuals right to spend their money on what they want. Hell, I spend my on a 'busa! So why is it important to thumb your nose at someone who is riding something different than you. Like my HD dealer buddy, as long as you ride 2 wheels, I'm up for it! Why trash talk and downgrade non-Harley people. I know all Harley riders are not that way, so I want to be careful of the gross generalizations. But my experience of the other day that started this thread just burned my a$$!!!

I find it funny that their bike cost more than their house and car in some cases. But I actually had a guy say the same thing to me and say I should buy american. This loser in a Megadeth tshirt was driving a Volkswagen!!!!!!!!!!

i have had more than my share of the 10% and the rest usually dont care what you ride...yes its buy american bitching but in reality...its self inflated egos with selfless meaning and lack of substansiated value and pride...in other words...they pieces of #### bikes with bad additudes rideing them...grow up...save your money ...your job wont be around much longer so you can afford your ego...

My parents ride a Harley .........wonder if they would wave as I passed them ?
biggrin.gif

I just consider the source of the comments
down.gif
, and after I consider who said them
face7.gif
! Like, I should care what THEY think about me
rock.gif
? You gotta be kidding    
slider1.gif

Back