Full Suspension Upgrade

_WOLFMAN_

Canuck Ground Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Well about a month ago noticed one of my fork seals on my Busa was starting to leak pretty good. Decided while forks were apart thought would be a perfect time to upgrade suspension front and back. Being 240+ lbs and Busa stretched factory suspension was way too soft. Ended up going through Traxxion Dynamics and did their AK-20 Cartridges to replace all stock internals up front and in the rear went with a Penske 8983 Double Adjustable Shock with external reservoir. All I can say I am very pleased with the results, a huge improvement for sure and one that I should have done along time ago. Here is a couple pics I took as I upgraded my suspension over at a buddy's garage.
Busa 44.jpg
Busa 45.jpg
Busa 42.jpg
Busa 43.jpg

Busa 44.jpg

Busa 45.jpg

Busa 42.jpg

Busa 43.jpg

I just replaced the fork springs on Busa #2 with 11k miles and the stock one's were <under> the free length service limit which is way off new OEM spring free length. My lightweight son never complained but he should have. It had so much sag the bike had to be lifted to get the tree lift in.

Kinda dangerous when bottomed in a corner with a little camber - hit a bump that tries to stand the bike up with the front tire already absorbing all it can.

I bought some stuff from Traxxion Dynamics awhile back. They have the good deal on spring compressor and universal multi thread damper rod tool - oil level tool.

Glad your happy. :beerchug:

I didn't do any of the internal work myself on the forks, a gentleman who is an Authorized Dealer for Traxxion as well as AMA Superbike team mechanic has a shop about 2 1/2 hour drive south of where I live. So just jacked up my Busa and pulled forks and wheels and made the drive one weekend to drop off parts and picked everything up the following Friday with new seals and internals installed in my forks and new tires mounted on my Carrozzeria Wheels as well as new front wheel bearings that he found needed to be replaced.

Back