suspension compatibility Hayabusa

bregt14

Registered
Hi,
My busa has driven 42000km (26000 miles). Now the suspension is getting weak.
Before I put everything to my local shop for revalving etc, I`m looking for a cheap upgrade. Is it better to put a rear shock off a 2008-2010 (or something similar) on it or isn`t that possible?

Are there other types that I can use? Gsxr1000 K5-K6?

For the front, I`ll use the original forks with other valves, oil and springs.

The Busa shocks are interchangeable. I think the 2nd gen have a little bit heavier spring and better valving. You should be able to find them for less than $100 used.

I am not for sure the gsxr shock would be a direct swap or not. I think you have to change some things to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new spring and revalve your stocker.

GSXR's have different suspension linkage, spring rates and valving....would not be a good fit for the bike

08-09 gen2 rear shock is a direct bolt on (have one on mine). Noticed the bike was almost 1/2 taller when installed and def is a difference in the way it rides now. Used racetek valving in the front forks.

Your valving don't really wear out. At 26K miles it's time to service your suspension but not necessary to replace it. You can upgrade springs, valves etc or take Pashnit's advise and replace with aftermarket shock and or forks.

Replacing the forks and shock with stock parts is a waste of money at this point.

Your valving don't really wear out. At 26K miles it's time to service your suspension but not necessary to replace it. You can upgrade springs, valves etc or take Pashnit's advise and replace with aftermarket shock and or forks.

Replacing the forks and shock with stock parts is a waste of money at this point.

What he said.

:beerchug:

cheers
ken

Back