Full Carbon Akra + Bazzaz Z-Fi + Bazzaz Z-AFM

PatBusa

Registered
Hey,

I have a full carbon Akrapovic + Bazzaz Z-FI + Bazzaz Z-AFM self mapping kit to install on my '08 Hayabusa ...
Anyone can tell me if it will be hard for me to install all those things?
The Bazzaz gadgets are plug and play I guess ...

Will take me 3-4 hours?

Thanks

The ZF-I is plug and play but he AF-M is not. While it plugs up without much ado it does require some user interface. The AF-M will not creat a "map" on the the fly. You will have to download the data after a run and make manual chages to the map fuel curve based on data that it has collected.

If you can remove the fairings, then yes(Blanca Busa has a good DIY removal video if you need it). They come off easy once you know how. The exhaust bolts are all visible, passenger pegs, 1 underneath the oilpan, and the 8 that hold the primary tubes into the head(they are allen heads)
Remove the radiator bracket bolts so it moves forward and gives you more room to work. Install the new exhaust, and plug in the Bazzaz box. All very simple and straightforward.
I have no experience with tuning with Bazzaz, but your box should have a preloaded base map in it, or you can download it from their site.
Should you have any problems, someone here can help. Go for it:thumbsup:

Cool thing I learned on the bazazz when you remove the gas tank you don't have to drain it each time. Mine had a bad plug and I got really good at removing it and putting it back while a tec and I figured that one out. Also the harness routes better if you remove the entire tank bracket (the one with just one hex head bolt on each side) and go under that. I am in the process of doing the same thing right now on an 09 the previous 08 did not have the afm so that part is new to me. I am also modifying the trunk it was going to be a little crowded with that the autocom ect. If you do have any trouble there is a section on codes and how to get them. Good luck:beerchug:

Hey,

I have a full carbon Akrapovic + Bazzaz Z-FI + Bazzaz Z-AFM self mapping kit to install on my '08 Hayabusa ...
Anyone can tell me if it will be hard for me to install all those things?
The Bazzaz gadgets are plug and play I guess ...

Will take me 3-4 hours?

Thanks

PatBusa,

Enjoy the install, be patient with that Akra system, getting those stock headers off, akra's on is tedious. make sure to unbolt those oil/water cooler bolts to loosen the system without discounnecting any hoses. I'm super slow doing this, followed Blanca Busa's fairing vids to take those off. Total time was about 5 - 6 hours for me. Again, I'm super slow. Emma is a picture ***** and wants to be see so here you go.

busa side.jpg

PatBusa,

Enjoy the install, be patient with that Akra system, getting those stock headers off, akra's on is tedious. make sure to unbolt those oil/water cooler bolts to loosen the system without discounnecting any hoses. I'm super slow doing this, followed Blanca Busa's fairing vids to take those off. Total time was about 5 - 6 hours for me. Again, I'm super slow. Emma is a picture ***** and wants to be see so here you go.

Oh Yeah!:thumbsup: looks great! I've been saving for that exact system for a while now, and I'm almost there!

Got any more pics?:poke:

Oh Yeah!:thumbsup: looks great! I've been saving for that exact system for a while now, and I'm almost there!

Got any more pics?:poke:

Congrats on saving to pay cash for the system! :beerchug: Oh I suppose she'll let me post some more pics.... :rofl: Speaking of Akra's, when you get them, first thing to do before install, pull out those baffles (silencers on each can), they really restrict airflow/sound. After 500mi she's getting much louder, would imagine around 2k miles from install she'll be roaring. You'll love the sound!

busa rear-side.jpg

rear up.jpg

emma front-side.jpg

Back