Fuel pump wiring

Cgar302010

Registered
Hello new to this I don't know much about wiring up fuel pump to the busa I got a busa givin to me but the fuel pump I have is 3 prung plug an on the bike harness is a 4 prung plug just wondering it's the last thing I do on this bike to get it started any thoughts about negative positive I got the sending unit reading fuel level just no pumping any thoughts I'd appreciate it

17165089798669053605266671063530.jpg

You haven't said the year model of the bike, that would be helpful if you want help on this.
where did you get the fuel pump from? which model year is it from?
You will need a service manual and a wiring diagram to sort this out
The person who gave it to me said it was a 2005 turbocharged but the motor is from another busa would it be better just to put an external fuel instead would it be easier also pump is from a 2008 he gave me that as well

20240524_111747.jpg

Ok, that helps a bit. . .
The ‘05 is a 1st Generation and the ‘08 is the 2nd Generation, the connector plug on the harness for the fuel pump on the ‘05 is different than the connector on the ‘08 fuel pump, different number of pins in the connector.
I’m not a turbo guy, but there’s a few turbo guys here on the forum. They may chime in with more info on whether you need an external aftermarket pump because of the fuel demands of the turboed engine.
You could try searching on this subject using the search function, top right hand corner of the page.

Ok, that helps a bit. . .
The ‘05 is a 1st Generation and the ‘08 is the 2nd Generation, the connector plug on the harness for the fuel pump on the ‘05 is different than the connector on the ‘08 fuel pump, different number of pins in the connector.
I’m not a turbo guy, but there’s a few turbo guys here on the forum. They may chime in with more info on whether you need an external aftermarket pump because of the fuel demands of the turboed engine.
You could try searching on this subject using the search function, top right hand corner of the page.
Thanks Kiwi Rider I appreciate the response

Hey Kiwi just wanted to give up date downloaded manual followed fuel pump relay there was nothing connected I put the fan relay on it wired up the fuel pump right.fuel pump is working fine with the level sensor reading as well I'm get another relay for the fan tomorrow just wanna say thanks

Hey Kiwi just wanted to give up date downloaded manual followed fuel pump relay there was nothing connected I put the fan relay on it wired up the fuel pump right.fuel pump is working fine with the level sensor reading as well I'm get another relay for the fan tomorrow just wanna say thanks
That’s awesome man!
Glad I was able to help in some way…
Enjoy your bike, stick around here, we are a good bunch!

Back