Fuel pump won't energize

flylower

Registered
have 08 busa and can't get fuel pump to prime. swapped relay and is good. fuel pump good. ecu good. power to all the right places. engine cranks but no fuel or spark. is there a sensor that could be bad that the ecu would then cancel fuel pump ? just guessing, went through the repair manual but not finding anything that addresses this issue. thanks

tip over sensor and kickstand sensor. check those first before you start replacing expensive parts.

tip over replaced with greggs resistor and kick stand switch eliminated. thanks, good reply, must dig deeper though.

didnt start when you did either did it? i would check the connections there. if it has a resistor make sure it didnt go bad.

make sure your getting power coming out of the kill switch.

first try and jump the pump to confirm that the pump itself works. Also check the turnsignal relay.

Does everrything else power up fine except the fuel pump doesn't prime?

swapped turn signal and fuel pump relays with different ones. fuel pump works when supplied with 12v, ecu powers up, installed it in another 08 busa and ran fine. thinking its got to be a sensor. wiring harness is intact. painstakingly checked every single wire for continuity and it all checks good. bummer

Honestly I would start here, swap this back to factory to eliminate the chance of a bad part off of the shelf.

tip over replaced with greggs resistor and kick stand switch eliminated. thanks, good reply, must dig deeper though.

Honestly I would start here, swap this back to factory to eliminate the chance of a bad part off of the shelf.

I 2nd that too.. Ususally with the kickstand switch, CHEC & -- would display on the LCD if its tripped.

you put the tipover eliminator in after it wasn't working or before? Just making sure if it was before swap it back for stock to verify, but tipover being messed up should set fi light

got greg smiths harness and petriks software today. going to get plugged in and see if the lap top will identify the problem. thanks for all the help.

you put the tipover eliminator in after it wasn't working or before? Just making sure if it was before swap it back for stock to verify, but tipover being messed up should set fi light

+1 Greg, thats what I was getting at.

fired up the lap top after installing gregg and petriks stuff. "INVALUABLE" immediately told me i had ignition lockout. traced everything back to the diode that comes from the side stand switch. like looking for a needle in the hay stack. some how the wire got pinched just ahead of it. i suppose thats what you get when you buy a wrecked bike. thanks to all for the time taken helping me. gene wilson

If I had been at this two months my bike would have been at the dealership. It's what they do.

John Hayes lives close and is an excellent, extremely experienced mechanic. Gixerhp

Back