Fuel Pump Painted

Scooby315

Registered
Gave a painter a try who I was told did good work. Well outside of bugs clear coated into the fairings, mismatched colors, runs and orange peel I just noticed the fuel pump and connector were sprayed to :banghead:. What can I use to safely clean this out and still have a functioning pump?

Oh boy . . I'm feelin' ya pain . . that SUCKS.
Can you not take it back to him and get him to right the wrongs here?
I realize you probably never want to lay eyes on him again . . but seriously, the guy needs to sort out his crappy work.
If it was me, I'd use a cotton bud soaked in paint thinners to wipe out the interior of the connector plug to remove the overspray, and lightly sand the metal terminal pins.
You can actually remove the terminals from the plastic plug and clean them up well.

Oh boy . . I'm feelin' ya pain . . that SUCKS.
Can you not take it back to him and get him to right the wrongs here?
I realize you probably never want to lay eyes on him again . . but seriously, the guy needs to sort out his crappy work.
If it was me, I'd use a cotton bud soaked in paint thinners to wipe out the interior of the connector plug to remove the overspray, and lightly sand the metal terminal pins.
You can actually remove the terminals from the plastic plug and clean them up well.
I gave him a down payment, half but after the work he didn't charge me the rest and offered to repaint them for free. Thought about going back but I think I'm about to try and wrap them. Im gonna try the paint thinner I was just worried it might cause more problems.

I gave him a down payment, half but after the work he didn't charge me the rest and offered to repaint them for free. Thought about going back but I think I'm about to try and wrap them. Im gonna try the paint thinner I was just worried it might cause more problems.
Just try a little to start with to 'test' the reaction on the plastic connector shell. If it starts to melt the plastic, try some brake cleaner, not as strong.

Yeah I've seen you can't find it anywhere

Any paint thinner type product that comes in a plastic jug .If it doesn't hurt the jug,it wont hurt the connector. :thumbsup:
IMHO...tell him and his re-paint to go get fugged.
Bugs? He have a spray booth or did he just gun the parts in the backyard?
The orange peel can be fixed if he sprayed enuff paint on the edges and corners especially. You can often rid yourself of the dreaded "peel" with a good wet-sanding.
Some "back yarders" are fairly good,this guy needs a good "talking too."
Perhaps a boot in his A55 will spare the next customer/victim.

Rubb him out.

@Scooby315
the connector incl. its 3 pins you can order at xmas1.at
send em the pic and ask em for help - explain where it is used ? - they are fine in english.
so don't be afraid to write and ask in english.
by chance i found this pic on my pc
number "V-21609" (the female) should - i guess - be the needed.
number "V-21610" (the male) should - i guess - be the same like at the main harness
only order that "V-21609" - the 3 pins i guess are included in that no. (same at "V-21610")
good luck

uh yes - price each 4.00 € plus 10.00 € shipping

Last edited:
@Scooby315
the connector incl. its 3 pins you can order at xmas1.at
send em the pic and ask em for help - explain where it is used ? - they are fine in english.
so don't be afraid to write and ask in english.
by chance i found this pic on my pc
number "V-21609" (the female) should - i guess - be the needed.
number "V-21610" (the male) should - i guess - be the same like at the main harness
only order that "V-21609" - the 3 pins i guess are included in that no. (same at "V-21610")
good luck

uh yes - price each 4.00 € plus 10.00 € shipping

View attachment 1617650
Thanks I was looking for something like that also, just in case. And my German (Deutsch) is pretty good, enough to navigate the site if I had to but its cool they speak english to. I spent a few years in Germany been all over the country. Loved it and plan to go back soon.

Thanks I was looking for something like that also, just in case. And my German (Deutsch) is pretty good, enough to navigate the site if I had to but its cool they speak english to. I spent a few years in Germany been all over the country. Loved it and plan to go back soon.

na dann :-)

gerne geschehen und jederzeit wieder

Flag-Germany.gif
greets
Flag-US.gif

:D

und Berlin ist immer eine Reise wert. :)

Back