Fuel pump advise

All right! Finally removed and cleaned injectors. Backflushed first with carb clean and makeshift hoses small to big and on/off with 9 volt battery. 1 injector seemed a little clogged but all 4 spraying good now. Cleaned and blew out rail and line which were fine. Put back together and still no start. Removed tank again and fuel pump assembly would not come out??? Found new regulator cooked to one side causing it not to come out. Popped it off inside of tank and removed all including clear clip. Must have fell off and caused pressure loss. Took apart pump assembly and checked all. All seemed OK. Put all back together this time with zip tie over regulator and clear clip and blew 40 psi into filter housing. No leaks. Went to put in tank but zip tie would not pass through opening. Cut off and triple checked clip was secure. Put in tank and tank on bike, primed 3 times and started immediately. So long story short. 1st pump-junk. Second pump good, but regulator dislodged somehow causing low pressure. What a pita but runs great now. Thank you for your help guys, I learned alot about this bike. It's really not my style of bike so I'll ride it a few times and may sell it. I stumbled on to this bike for a great price with some work needed. So just wondering how much it's worth at this point. 4k miles, all new plastics not perfect by any means but nice bike. Flushed all brake and clutch lines and just changed oil and filter. New battery, air filter, tires are old but you would never now by looking at them, almost new tread but need replacement regardless. Beleive it's stock with Broks exhaust.

I have a similar issue on my Gen2, I wasn't getting fuel pressure, replaced the grommet that sits on the fuel pressure regulator which solved the issue, but the bike started weak and would bog down, changed the fuel pump (Bosch) the new pump was whining very loud, took it back and fitted old pump which was also a bosch pump, pump primes normal but causes bogging.

I changed out the new bosch pump with another, primes and whines the same, however bike starts better, but struggles to pull on top having me believe it is a fuel pressure problem, new tea bag filter, fuel pressure regulator tested and is fine, fuel pressure regulator grommet replaced,

I was told that there is a cartridge filter in the pump housing that could be clogged, so I am sending the whole pump assembly for ultrasonic bath cleaning to clean out the filter in the housing. Hopefully this works and will sort out my issue.

You might want to try the same! I am hopefully getting the fuel pump assembly back tomorrow and will update if it resolved my issue

I have a similar issue on my Gen2, I wasn't getting fuel pressure, replaced the grommet that sits on the fuel pressure regulator which solved the issue, but the bike started weak and would bog down, changed the fuel pump (Bosch) the new pump was whining very loud, took it back and fitted old pump which was also a bosch pump, pump primes normal but causes bogging.

I changed out the new bosch pump with another, primes and whines the same, however bike starts better, but struggles to pull on top having me believe it is a fuel pressure problem, new tea bag filter, fuel pressure regulator tested and is fine, fuel pressure regulator grommet replaced,

I was told that there is a cartridge filter in the pump housing that could be clogged, so I am sending the whole pump assembly for ultrasonic bath cleaning to clean out the filter in the housing. Hopefully this works and will sort out my issue.

You might want to try the same! I am hopefully getting the fuel pump assembly back tomorrow and will update if it resolved my issue
Any update? I didn't think that the ultrasound would permeate through the thick plastic casing well enough to hit the internal filter without disassembly.

Any update? I didn't think that the ultrasound would permeate through the thick plastic casing well enough to hit the internal filter without disassembly.
Hi Yes the ultrasonic bath did the trick, used compress air to blow out all the filth, bike is running well and strong again

Back