fuel pump issue

loneraider

Registered
try to make this quick.. bought a new fuel pump and strainer..installed bike ran awesome for 2 days. let gas in tank get low so i could check low fuel light .filled up and soon after that hour bike runs like crap .. 3 to 4000 rpm only nothing higher..drove for 1/2 hour like that. today on three short trips here is what the bike does.. fires right up good power as normal for about 10 min than slowly starts to have no power sputtering and wont rev past 4 to 5 grand and the farther you drive the worse it gets until you are on the side of the road., YA turn key off wait a few seconds turn key on bike fires right up as normal good power again ( climbs up the rev range easy 6,7,8 grand than in a few more minutes and starts to act up again like its losing fuel pressure or electrial power,,misseds, wont rev over 3 to 4 grand and gets worse the longer you drive it, first time i thought i was walking home...what could be causing this?? 2006 hayabusa new plugs new fuel pump motor and strainer.battery seems good but i will verify

try to make this quick.. bought a new fuel pump and strainer..installed bike ran awesome for 2 days. let gas in tank get low so i could check low fuel light .filled up and soon after that hour bike runs like crap .. 3 to 4000 rpm only nothing higher..drove for 1/2 hour like that. today on three short trips here is what the bike does.. fires right up good power as normal for about 10 min than slowly starts to have no power sputtering and wont rev past 4 to 5 grand and the farther you drive the worse it gets until you are on the side of the road., YA turn key off wait a few seconds turn key on bike fires right up as normal good power again ( climbs up the rev range easy 6,7,8 grand than in a few more minutes and starts to act up again like its losing fuel pressure or electrial power,,misseds, wont rev over 3 to 4 grand and gets worse the longer you drive it, first time i thought i was walking home...what could be causing this?? 2006 hayabusa new plugs new fuel pump motor and strainer.battery seems good but i will verify]

Remove the fuel pump from the tank, check all connections etc, check hoses for twists or kinks, check strainer for blockage, just revisit all the stuff you did, good luck!

Back