Fuel pump issues...

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
The problem could be clogged injectors also. Had a friend who experienced the exact same problem and found that two of his injectors were clogged. He had them changed and problem was solved. And, if by chance it's a faulty fuel pump, you can pick one up over on this site in the "For Sale" forum or on ebay for a decent price. I am personally leaning toward a possible injector problem which may have resulted from bad gasoline or some foreign debris inside the tank.

"help@hayabusa.org" <help@hayabusa.org> wrote:

There is a new help desk submission

Ticket Details
------------------------------------------
Ticket ID.............: 79
Logged by.............: buster102
Category..............: Hayabusa Repairs/Mechanical
Subject...............: hesitation at low revs
Priority..............: 1 ( 1 Urgent - 5 Inquiry )

W reg - 2000
Fuel pump situated outside of the fuel tank model.
When riding in low gears with under 3000 revs the engine seems to hesitate as if on 3 cyclinders and in hot weather when the bike is stood the bike refuses to start unless the fuel pump is primed 6 times.
I have been advised by the garage it came from that this is a faulty fuel pump - which is to be replaced.
This is an intermittant fault as it will run fine for a couple of hundred miles and then without warning it will run "lumpy" ....

Any ideas?

------------------------------------------

URL:

Thank You

The Hayabusa Owners Group Team

I am waiting on more info from sender!

User/Staff Responses +
admin3[70.23.22.40]Check fuel pressure and see if it is falling when you are having this problem. A fuel pump is costly and you dont just want to guess! How many miles on the bike? You might want to change the plugs? Have you changed you Fuel and Air filters at all if so how long ago? Let me know!
Thank's,
David 04/17/2007 07:03User Rating: Check fuel pressure and see if it is falling when you are having this problem. A fuel pump is costly and you dont just want to guess! How many miles on the bike? You might want to change the plugs? Have you changed you Fuel and Air filters at all if so how long ago? Let me know!
Thank's,
David

Back