Fuel gauge

4stroke

Registered
If you fill up your tank how many miles do you do before the needle start moving down? I'm asking because i had the time to do about 60 miles before putting it away for winter and the needle stayed right on the full mark. Normal or defect gauge? ???

Mine is around 105 or so. Most of them are off but when the light comes on you ned to start looking for a gas station :laugh:

Mine takes about 100 miles as well. I thought it was a bad gauge but sounds like its the norm.

Mine starts to move at 60 miles. It's down to indicating 1/2 a tank at another 60 miles and then starts flashing at another 60 miles.
Sorry, mine's a Gen I . Forgot where I was.

I look at the top mark on the gauge as half a tank. I get around 240 miles a tank. I ran into a station on fumes once and the verified light comes on right around 1 gal left. For me thats around a max of 40-45 miles. 09 Gen 2

When mine begins to move it really does move. After the first 100 it seems like its at half after another 20 and my light is on by 150. I've yet to see 200 on a tank because I'm scared to push it. I may have to take a small bottle with me one day and see how many miles I have left once to light comes on.

Remember the old 1980s Nissan Zcars. They had a cool fuel gauge. When you hit 1/4 tank an additional gauge in the bottom of the main one kicked in. The last 1/4 tank was actually in a well in the bottom of the tank and was very accurate. Shame they can't make a lousy 5 gal tank gauge accurate.

Mine is around 105 or so. Most of them are off but when the light comes on you ned to start looking for a gas station :laugh:

I road up through Robinsville and to the CROT. The store there was closed and my gas light was on. I was nervous but, I made it all the way through the dragon over the foothills and into townsend to the first gas station. I thought for sure I would be pushing the bike!

Back