Fuel Gauge

JZ7355

Registered
Hello ALL, I am having surgery on Thurs so I decided to give my baby a thorough cleaning and a wax before I lock her up for the next month. So I went to start up my new 2011 Busa with 59 miles on it and she fired right up but all of a sudden the fuel gauge was on empty and the light came on. Have a pretty full tank. So I shut her down, checked the tank and started her up again. This time the gauge jumped cycled and went back to full no light. Any else have this problem? THANKS

Not sure if it cycled that time but I tried it 8 times after that and it worked fine. Guess I will keep an eye on it, Thanks

good.. the guages should cycle everytime you turn the key regardless if the sending unit is connected or not.

I just emptied the tank and the fuel gauge went to almost empty. then I slowly put a gallon or so back in and the needle slowly crept up towards half way mark. Put in more and the needle shot up to full mark. Still had another gallon or so to go. WOW the needle stays on full for a long time before it drops. My 03 was the opposite. Well atlas I know the gauge and sender are working properly.

Back