Fuel Gauge deceptive

stratblue

Registered
Hi All.

I have a 2018 Hayabusa Z and the fuel gauge stays full most of the time then plummets to empty really quickly, is there a way to get it a little more progressive?

Thanks.

Wouldn't this be a warranty claim?
It's a 1 year old bike, so still under factory warranty, call your local Suzuki Dealership to confirm that.

Hi All.

I have a 2018 Hayabusa Z and the fuel gauge stays full most of the time then plummets to empty really quickly, is there a way to get it a little more progressive?

Thanks.
Mine stays on full for a long time then it seems like no time and it is dropping...so sort of the same thing as yours. I've read this is a normal thing.

I’ve come to realise fuel gauges can not be relied on at all, the safest and most accurate way of knowing where you’re at with fuel over range is to ZERO the trip meter at each fill up, never partially fill but always fill to the top.
The fuel light comes on at 4 liters(1 gal) left, and your trip computer shows how many kms per litre you are using.
Simple math exercise after that.

Mine will start moving after 120 km driven. Before that it will be always "full".
Around the half way mark its accurate and all the way down it will show the correct and exact amount of fuel left.

But like @Kiwi Rider said- always go with the ODO to make sure its accurate!

Last edited:
Reactions: c10
Back