speedometer cluster

chrisrod

Registered
Before my trip I had someone change out the led's in my speedomiter cluster for me, and now the speedomiter is off by 15 mph the tack on an idol is saying 3000 rpm's the gas gauge when full says 3/4 of a tank. When I shut off the bike all the gauges are still not right. The gas goes all the way down, but the speedomiter says 15 the tack says like 1000 or 1500 or something. I asked a buddy of mine and he said the needls where just put back on wrong there on like little gears or something. Is this true do I just have to change where the needle sit? Thanks for your help.:thumbsup:

It was kinda a favor and didn't cost any money I would like to just fix it if I can. I'm hoping it's something simple.

Ahhh grasshopper!
Sorry to inform you of this, but your gauges need to be recaclulated!
I learnt the hard way.
But for Gen1 bikes in the manual, there is a section to reset the gauges but it doesn't allways help!

Ahhh grasshopper!
Sorry to inform you of this, but your gauges need to be recaclulated!
I learnt the hard way.
But for Gen1 bikes in the manual, there is a section to reset the gauges but it doesn't allways help!
Is this something I can do or do I have to take them somewhere? Doe's it cost a lot? I think reseting them is better than haveing to buy a new cluster. I was thinking they heated up the circuit board to much and I needed a new cluster. But you don't think it's just the needles.

Is this something I can do or do I have to take them somewhere? Doe's it cost a lot? I think reseting them is better than haveing to buy a new cluster. I was thinking they heated up the circuit board to much and I needed a new cluster. But you don't think it's just the needles.

not sure on the fix but on my gen1 when I changed the gauge covers,the gauges would act up from time to time and could neve figure out why,checked and re checked everything.gas gauge would show full and then all of a sudden go empty,tach would read 5k at idle,speedo wouldnt go over 45mph....this didnt happen all the time but when it did,it was very frustrating.I wasnt aware of any reset but I guess it may be possible

I was hoping to get a resalution to the problem maybe some other people will chime in. Even if the answer is get a new cluster cas ya very frustrating.

Looking to see if anyone has any more input on this problem. I'm takeing the bike apart soon and would like to resolve this at that time.:thumbsup:

Looking to see if anyone has any more input on this problem. I'm takeing the bike apart soon and would like to resolve this at that time.:thumbsup:

I'm not sure if you tried this but in the manual on page 3 - 8 of mine it says to press and hold the ADJ button and then turn the ignition to the on position.

Continue holding the ADJ button for 3 - 5 seconds

Release the ADJ button and then "Rap" the ADJ button twice.

I believe "Rap" is suppose to be "Tap" and this process has to be completed in 10 seconds from start.

Good luck

I'm not sure if you tried this but in the manual on page 3 - 8 of mine it says to press and hold the ADJ button and then turn the ignition to the on position.

Continue holding the ADJ button for 3 - 5 seconds

Release the ADJ button and then "Rap" the ADJ button twice.

I believe "Rap" is suppose to be "Tap" and this process has to be completed in 10 seconds from start.

Good luck

Thanks I'll give it a shot what do I have to loose.

Back