Ft Hood shooting story... (will make you think)

you just cant send a muslim dude to fight a war in a muslim country where alot of muslims get killed.

the military needs a much better screening process . they have alot to learn
I agree but two points come to mind..

1. this guy was never in combat
2. Isn't our army volunteer? wouldnt a Muslim know that he was very likely going to end up in a conflict with other Muslims? why would he join in the first place?

a police officer knows with a lot of certainty that he could be involved in a shooting, fire fighters are going to find dead bodies and Dr's know they are going to have people die.. would seem out of line for a soldier to think he would never be in battle...

do we bar religious sects from joining the service? seems like that would be descrimination.. and god forbid the ACLU comes to the table..

Last edited:
I agree but two points come to mind..

2. Isn't our army volunteer? wouldnt a Muslim know that he was very likely going to end up in a conflict with other Muslims? why would he join in the first place?

It is volunteer for most but because the Army basically sent him to school to become a doctor, he is obligated to return payment in the form of time in service. But anyone, not just muslim, should have some kind of idea what they are getting into.

It is volunteer for most but because the Army basically sent him to school to become a doctor, he is obligated to return payment in the form of time in service. But anyone, not just muslim, should have some kind of idea what they are getting into.
Aww that would explain the "he was trying to get out" thing I saw....

So he got a free ride, wanted out after milking the system for 8 years, pulled the "freakout" card and now will expect the US govt to support him the rest of his life from what?

I bet he gets away with it sad to say...

well, I was just stating an honest opinion.. I was born and raised in Israel and lived and dealt with the muslim culture, which is one of the most peaceful one there is, if 'practiced correcrtly'.. I know for a fact that profiling works great if done right. A couple of my very close friends work security for EL AL airline in Ben Gurion in the Tel-aviv (the safest airline and airport in the world) and people like malik would never slip through the system. I know very little of some genious set of tactics they use to profile potential 'nutcases'. I hope I didn't offend nobody, but that's what I meant with the comment of the army having alot to learn when it comes to screening folks

Last edited:
well, I was just stating an honest opinion.. I was born and raised in Israel and lived and dealt with the muslim culture, which is one of the most peaceful one there is, if 'practiced correcrtly'.. I know for a fact that profiling works great if done right. A couple of my very close friends work security for EL AL airline in Ben Gurion in the Tel-aviv (the safest airline and airport in the world) and people like malik would never slip through the system. I know very little of some genious set of tactics they use to profile potential 'nutcases'. I hope I didn't offend nobody, but that's what I meant with the comment of the army having alot to learn when it comes to screening folks
yea but our clowns wouldnt be smart enough to understand that profiling does work... too much PC going on... (or some bozo is going to abuse the system)

EL AL is famous for their ability to spot trouble ahead of time.. I think the head of security for them was special forces for the Israeli Army?

I think the problem goes with "banning" Muslims from the war zone is again going to turn to discrimination.. No matter what you do, you are going to make some American Lawyer rich...

Last edited:
yea but our clowns wouldnt be smart enough to understand that profiling does work... too much PC going on... (or some bozo is going to abuse the system)

EL AL is famous for their ability to spot trouble ahead of time.. I think the head of security for them was special forces for the Israeli Army?

I think the problem goes with "banning" Muslims from the war zone is again going to turn to discrimination.. No matter what you do, you are going to make some American Lawyer rich...

well, as long as its not a muslim lawyer!!!bwahahahah I kid I kid

I loves me some allah

Last edited:
It is the price of freedom, with all the good, comes some bad. We cannot and should not deport people based on religious beliefs. Anti government statements should have been enough to investigate this guy further. The inadequate investigation and bad decisions allowed this to happen. It looks like there were enough signs this guy might blow a fuse.

its pretty hard to fight a war against a group that sees it as a religious war vs a war for the democratic way of life. If we were fighting against the same thing, we could formulate a strategy and win. Fact is we are not fighting for the same thing and we will only win by eliminating those that hold a belief different than ours (ie turn the desert to glass type of thing).

That region has never really had peace at least for recorded history. The Christians and Muslims have been fighting in that region since the beginning of time and its never really worked out for either side when fighting over the same thing (religion).

Since this country will never fight a war like they did in WWI and WWII (no politicians, no care for being PC and NO MEDIA) we'll never accomplish the goal of eliminating "terrorists". Hell we can't even block morons like the two idiots I saw on CNN last night (extreme islam in nyc) from preaching hate and violence on the city streets because its covered by "free speech". Sad that free speech really isn't free, just ask a veteran, someone has gone and paid a duty for all of us to enjoy this freedom.

My point I guess is that since the two sides are fighting for totally different end goals, you cannot achieve victory against each other, just continuously fight until one side submits.

** Note I'm not saying that this is a Christian vs Muslim war today, nor am I saying either is better than the other. Just simply pointing out historic facts. The reality is that its extremists in the Muslim world that are at war with us. A practicing true Muslim person would not do the things these terrorists are doing, its actually against the preachings in the Koran.

Last edited:
yea the most ironic part.. my god is better than your god.. now die.... I guess we live a very insulated life or maybe we just get along better than most?

I do have a Baptist across the street that is starting to get on my nerves however..

Hindsight is 20/20.

Our system has it's flaws, but we still produce the finest all-volunteer army on the planet.

its simple i think... guns dont kill people ...people kill people...and untill we develop the "mind reader" we will never know who or what people will get upset about. untill then... as a free country with freedom of religion and freedom of speach and you are not guilty till you actually commit a crime... screening should be done tactfully all while not infrindging on thier rights as americans

To prevent these things from happening, unfortunately we would have to segregate who is in the military and who isnt..but its the USA..although its the military and sometimes i myself from experience thought at times it would be better and ideal to run only our military in the likes of hardliner regimes (strong and machine like)....it wouldnt make us who we are and give us the full balance (firm, fierce and heroic, but compasionate at the same time) and unfortunately these things will happen from time to time..thanks to equal opportunity to all(make us the US of A)...but then this is what we get and it is sad...no matter how many screenings you run it will still be present ..its the nature of the beast...as with everything else in the good USA, this country is made of such a diverse range of cultural and religious backgrounds....that this is what we will encounter..but if it werent that way...we wouldnt be the land of the free...he was just one of the bad apples...root em out, yes you can do it...but unless we turn into a communist :puke:regime or a NAZI :puke:like military where we only accept certain traits and people, it will happen from time to time....the only way to help prevent it is to be watchfull...and I myself can attest..from my years in...we DO NEED improvement inside the military in how we handle some of this stuff before its to late...and the whole public correctness ....very sad but true and thats one of the reasons i got out.....sorry to put is this way..but thats what mothers of america and other ridiculouse orgs does to our military...weakens it...i guess its the price we pay..i..

Here's A Thought

Would the outcome been different if everyone there that day had been armed?

I think as we slowly give up our rights in vain attempts to be "better" we lose what made us great. Like the right to carry guns.

Kind of hard to go on a 13 person killing binge...if after the first few shots rang out...everyone is drawing a bead on your mellon.

Just a thought.

-Gilman

Hell yeas...in my opinion..no doubt about that..I was in the middle east and a foreign soldier pulled his sidearm on one of our due to an argument over a card game....guess what in less that two seconds it was like the scene from saving private ryan where the wall falls and its guns on guns...No doubt...it would have been short and different...who knows maybe none would of died and just maybe one or two hurt..i agree 100%

The Ink Pen Sucks

Hell yeas...in my opinion..no doubt about that..I was in the middle east and a foreign soldier pulled his sidearm on one of our due to an argument over a card game....guess what in less that two seconds it was like the scene from saving private ryan where the wall falls and its guns on guns...No doubt...it would have been short and different...who knows maybe none would of died and just maybe one or two hurt..i agree 100%

Kinda stinks being the only guy with an ink pen and clipboard at a gun fight eh?

-Gilman

Yea I'm very tired of the entitlement society that seems to be the current theme of things. The bottom line is that the best qualified person should get the job regardless of the type of occupation. A person only entitled to what they earn. As for the wack job on the shooting spree he should have been removed who cares about politically correct and just what the hell does that mean anyway there is right and wrong, correct and incorrect, and then theres politically correct (P.C.) which I'm thinking stands for probably crap. Rant!!!!!!!ARggg!!!!!!!Rant!!!!!!!

Back