Ft Hood shooting story... (will make you think)

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
All this crap about being PC people worry about?

might be discriminatory, might hurt their feelings.. blah blah blah.. no one wants to take the risk of being run up a flag pole by ACLU or other left wing groups... lousy shame...

Now this guy was on the radar of quite a few people maybe a year before he blew a gasket and hurt so many innocent people along with their friends and family's....

not that educational facilities are notoriously "left" but let them explain how this went unchecked...

His fellow students complained to the faculty about Hasan's "anti-American propaganda," but said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim student kept officers from filing a formal written complaint.

Clear warning signs, Hasan's colleagues say - Tragedy at Fort Hood- msnbc.com

you just cant send a muslim dude to fight a war in a muslim country where alot of muslims get killed.

the military needs a much better screening process . they have alot to learn

you just cant send a muslim dude to fight a war in a muslim country where alot of muslims get killed.

yea right, always hind sight, I wonder how many more of these scenarios are going to play out. I don't think we stress history enough in our school system.
I know we don't teach common sense. All attacks on us and major disasters can be traced to a human dropping the ball.

So why bother to nurse this guy back to health? Save money, dump him in a land fill.

I guess the American psychie (sp?) does not take the Muslim killing Muslim into account during war...

Seems that they (Muslims) are ok with it when it comes to "exploding people" car bombs and IED's, we KEEEL you in the name of Alah!...

Now, is it descrimination when we go through and weed them out of the active service rolls?

Really it sort of sheds some light on the internment camps of WW2 also.. who is to say that a Muslim national is not going to take offense when we have to blow some sand box country back to the stone age in order to stop all the random violence that is being propogated there?

so complicated I am sure...

I'm thinking regardless of who, if you sense something is a mis, you need to say something before tragedy strikes.

I'm thinking regardless of who, if you sense something is a mis, you need to say something before tragedy strikes.
I think people are afraid too... they have been beat into submission by the "paranoid"

Perhaps it is for the best.... population needs thinned out anyway and it is "survival of the fittest" :laugh:

I just had to spend 30 minutes on the phone with some dingbat named "Maye" at Medicare.. has no clue as to what data fields are populated with on the electronic submissions... She has my day off to a flying start..

And the Govt is fixing health care... :rofl:

I guess one of the things that concern me in the article is the 4th paragraph down.

"Awlaki said in the Web site posting that the only way a Muslim can justify serving in the U.S. military is if he intends to "follow in the footsteps of men like Nidal." "

I could see this comment pushing those who might be on the fence over the edge.

Starting to think I need to find a differant line of work. Fortunatley for me, I have a big a$$ vault behind my desk, I start hearing gun fire probably going to lock myself inside.

Dont mean to sound like a wuss, but I am not allowed to carry fire arms at work and if I dont have a means to defend myself properly then I need to do what I can to survive.

This situation sucks

What is up with the comment in the article about the military lacking officers?

Are we just promoting people in rank now, just because??

That is pretty disturbing. This guys got promoted when he needed a kick in the azz ....................

:whistle:

Hasen't there been American Muslims fighting in Iraq/Afganastan, and currently still are?

What is up with the comment in the article about the military lacking officers?

Are we just promoting people in rank now, just because??

That is pretty disturbing. This guys got promoted when he needed a kick in the azz ....................

:whistle:
this happens all the time... and more so in govt than anyplace else.. Why would the military be any different? He was a "minority" and everyone is so afraid of lawsuits that the "best man for the job" has been dropped off with yesterdays trash.. All to often, people are promoted or advanced based on criteria other than "best qualified"..

Very happy to read this post. I have been sharing these same thoughts for some time now. It just doesn't work. Something needs to change. Especially in regards to Muslims in our military.

this happens all the time... and more so in govt than anyplace else.. Why would the military be any different? He was a "minority" and everyone is so afraid of lawsuits that the "best man for the job" has been dropped off with yesterdays trash.. All to often, people are promoted or advanced based on criteria other than "best qualified"..

Spoken like someone who knows nothing of what they are talking about. For you to apply your flawed knowledge of military promotions to the military as a whole displays an ignorance that exceeds your usual standard.

Doctors fall into a totally different promotion system than regular Army officers. Many doctors come in as a Captian and get promoted quickly based upon the need to attract and keep good people in the medical fields.

Enlisted Soldiers, Non-Comissioned Officers and Comissioned Officers bust their ass to get promoted. Is the system perfect, no, but it produces the best warriors and leaders in the world. Just because one scum bag may have fallen through the cracks don't judge the entire system.

Spoken like someone who knows nothing of what they are talking about. For you to apply your flawed knowledge of military promotions to the military as a whole displays an ignorance that exceeds your usual standard.

Doctors fall into a totally different promotion system than regular Army officers. Many doctors come in as a Captian and get promoted quickly based upon the need to attract and keep good people in the medical fields.

Enlisted Soldiers, Non-Comissioned Officers and Comissioned Officers bust their ass to get promoted. Is the system perfect, no, but it produces the best warriors and leaders in the world. Just because one scum bag may have fallen through the cracks don't judge the entire system.

Actually Bogus is correct. People are promoted all the time to achieve some quota. I don't think that is why this guy got promoted though. I think he was promoted because of a lack of med officers. But that is still no excuse for the Army (his supervisors are representative of the "Army") to just dismiss his behavior. The Army could have simply forced him to resign his commission or realized that forcing him to deploy was a bad idea, apparently there were many who already knew it.

spoken like a guy with a signature like yours.. :rofl:

somebody slap me and call me shirley...

Affirmative action never existed.. Never has and never will.... (although it might occur, just above your current govt pay grade)

right? yea right.. The military fully acknowledges it but maintains that although not always the "most qualified" persons are promoted but that "all persons promoted are fully qualified" (REF: paragraph 5 should say something to anyones sensibility... well most everyone..)

some of the finest political double speak I have heard in ages..

Last edited:
spoken like a guy with a signature like yours.. :rofl:

somebody slap me and call me shirley...

Affirmative action never existed.. Never has and never will.... (although it might occur, just above your current govt pay grade)

right? yea right.. The military fully acknowledges it but maintains that although not always the "most qualified" persons are promoted but that "all persons promoted are fully qualified" (REF: paragraph 5 should say something to anyones sensibility... well most everyone..)

some of the finest political double speak I have heard in ages..

Sorry Randy I miss your point here. From what I read you reaffirmed Dino's point

Sorry Randy I miss your point here. From what I read you reaffirmed Dino's point
According to the referenced poster.. Affirmative action does not exist nor is it used in the Military when in fact they fully admit to it.. *(even though I said it did not exist, I think it really does :whistle: )

affirmative action is alive and well people are promoted on criteria not directly related to job capacity..

the article articulates that often the "best" and the "worst" candidates are eliminated in the early process... (I guess some kind of evening the playing field thing)..

The article actually says the military has done a good job with it.. Now how elimination of the best candidates could possibly be construed as "good" is beyond me.. places I have ever worked, sort of prefer to have the best people in the best places.. But that is another thread.. :)

Last edited:
Back