Front Wheel Removal

critterdoc

Banned
Having a bit of trouble using my front jack on the busa for its first front tyre replacement. On my Duc I simply slipped the prongs into the holes in the bottom of the forks and lifted the front up, but these forks must come closer to the ground because I can't slip the prongs in (the angle is too shallow).

Do I need to buy a different type of jack?

Alot of stands, especially the front are model specific, and will not work on every bike.
Posting a picture of what you have is the only way to know for sure.
If you do have to buy a new stand, I would consider the kind that lifts under the lower triple clamp. They allow you to remove your forks as well as turn the steering while on the stand. They also make the bike much less top heavy while on the stands.

busa-headstock.jpg

I use a pit-bull front stand that can lift by the forks or by the triple clamp with an adapter. It works great for any application you can think of.

Thank you gentlemen. The triple clamp attachment would appear to be the way to go. Any particular make I should avoid?

I would suggest redline or pit-bull. I went with pit-bull because I could use the stand under the forks, or under the clamp.

Thank you gentlemen. The triple clamp attachment would appear to be the way to go. Any particular make I should avoid?

I don't know about ones to avoid, but I'de suggest putting a towel over the front fender with any of them. Just as you lift it up, then remove the towel/rag, the fender is easy to scratch.
I've had a Lockhart Phillips front stand for about 10 years now with no problems.

The prong or pin that fits the Ducati may differ from the one used on a Gen2. Check with the manufacturer of your lift and see if the prong/pin needed for your Gen2 can be ordered.

Back