Removing front wheel

busa1300nut

Registered
I,d like to know if anyone uses front wheel stands with the nipples that go into the bottom of the forks? My question is, can you remove the axle when the stand is holding the front wheel off the ground, or does the nipples keep the weight on the axle and make it hard to pull out?

bump.gif

I know someone has to know this one. I haven't gotten any stands yet, sorry.

I have mine up right now with the front wheel off. The tire is off the ground about two inches I would say so there is no weight on it. The axle comes right out and forks will turn.
Pit Bull new front.
muscle.gif

you use the fork stands and not the front triple stand?? correct...I have some fork stands but I never tried taking the fron wheel off.

Yes the one I use goes into the bottom of the triple tree where it is attached to the frame so I may have misunderstood the question.

Thanks guys for the replys. I Put my bike up on the stands today and the only problem I ran into on removeing the front wheel was finding a 24mm allen wrench to loosen the front axle. I spent 2 hours driving around from place 2 place with no luck.I even went 2 my local suzuki dealer where I know the tech fairly well and believe it or not he didn,t even have one. So to anyone who plans on takeing threr front wheel off 4 what ever reason, here,s what I came up with. I went to my local hartware store and bought a 4 inch 24mm bolt put it in the axle end and put a pipe wrench on the threads of the bolt and walaa, I had a homemade front axle wrench for 89 cents. After that I had no problems. So the bottom line is my wheels are off to the chromers:D When I recuperate from paying for this maybe I can buy a digital camera and post some pics.

You can go get another 24mm bolt and two nuts also 15/16 is close. Weld the nuts to the bolt and now you can use a socket and a rachet to take them off. Thats what I did because the Snap On tool guy has to order me the socket to do this
idea.gif

Thanks guys for the replys. I Put my bike up on the stands today and the only problem I ran into on removeing the front wheel was finding a 24mm allen wrench to loosen the front axle. I spent 2 hours driving around from place 2 place with no luck.I even went 2 my local suzuki dealer where I know the tech fairly well and believe it or not he didn,t even have one. So to anyone who plans on takeing threr front wheel off 4 what ever reason, here,s what I came up with. I went to my local hartware store and bought a 4 inch 24mm bolt put it in the axle end and put a pipe wrench on the threads of the bolt and walaa, I had a homemade front axle wrench for 89 cents. After that I had no problems. So the bottom line is my wheels are off to the chromers:D When I recuperate from paying for this maybe I can buy a digital camera and post some pics.
Good job. I did the same thing. I used a 24mm nut and welded it on to the end of a large allen wrench. It works great and I can carry it inside the onboard tool pouch. It really sucks that Suzuki puts onboard tools to work on just about everything on the bike except remove the front wheel. My local Suzuki dealer didn't have any idea of how to remove the wheel either, but could sell me the tool for about $125. +++BASTARDS!!!!!+++

Brian

Wal-Mart has a 5pc Stanley socket set with a lifetime warranty that goes from 24mm-32mm which covers your front and rear axle nut. I got it on salel for about $5 but i think the set is actually $10 or $12. Well worth the investment.. I also recommend you buy the Impact gun that plugs into your cigerette lighter $19.88 makes getting those axle nuts off as easy as a pull of the trigger
biggrin.gif

Wal-Mart has a 5pc Stanley socket set with a lifetime warranty that goes from 24mm-32mm which covers your front and rear axle nut. I got it on salel for about $5 but i think the set is actually $10 or $12. Well worth the investment.. I also recommend you buy the Impact gun that plugs into your cigerette lighter $19.88 makes getting those axle nuts off as easy as a pull of the trigger
biggrin.gif
the 03 busa has a 24mm counter socket...u can weld 2 15/16 together to make the required tools. as for the stand with the nipple that goes under the fork tree...those are impossible to get the nipple in the hole if u have a lowered busa.

i have one request ... can somebody give a detailed explanation of how to take of the front wheel,i would apreciate it ....since i am not the most mechanicaly inclined person. I also dont want to have to pay someone to do something that appears to be simple... thanx in advance ...jose
smile.gif

i have one request ... can somebody give a detailed explanation of how to take of the front wheel,i would apreciate it ....since i am not the most mechanicaly inclined person.  I also dont want to have to pay someone to do something that appears to be simple... thanx in advance ...jose
smile.gif
u need to put the bike on the stands. i recommend the rear first, then the front. first u remove the 4 bolts holding the brake assembly and pull the brake off the fork mounts. now, u need to loosen the 2 screws on the right fork. remember just the 2 on the right side fork for now because the 2 on the left side is gonna hold the the left side while u loosen the right side of the shaft with 24mm socket or counter socket( for 02 and up models). pull the shaft out from right side and loosen the 2 screws from left side of the forks and pull the left part of shaft out. u should be able to pull your wheel off now. loosening ur front hugger might help in taking the wheel off.

Btw..Never pull your brake lever when the wheel is off.

to blu88, do as vence says and you.can,t go wrong. Mine is up on the handy stands as I type this message, and I really like the stability of the stands. If u can,t find a 24mm allen wrench, see my privious post.

Back