Front Tire Shreaded

I used to work at a hamburger joint and one time a lady came up and said there was a bug in her Sunday. So I told her I would give her the money back. She said no, she wanted another sunday! Moral of the story is that something was trying to give her a sign to get off the Sundays.

Am I making any sense here.........

Buy a real tire.

Yeah,cause we all know cause it has a "good" name brand on the tire they must be good?

Michelin Pilot Road 3 are here!!!!!! - Page 8 - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Defects happen... Michelin Pilot Power 2ct Recall information

1st pic Michelin Pilot 2ct and 2nd pic the Michelin Pilot Road 3(Jan 2011 release)...

11772597018ft0tyres001ly5.jpg

5794397648_2e568e6844_z.jpg

Now this Really Pisses my Off................I am tired of the bull**** that goes on here on the Org sometimes. Shinko Tires SUCK !!!!!!!!! Tires that SUCK can KILL people under the right circumstances. So you got a Re-called PP and the Road picture is just great. All I am asking from our fellow riders is that if you are going to play the game..........................Do it right and at least buy a Freakin Decent Tire !!!!!!!!!!!! Yes YOUR LIFE can depend on it !!!

The only time I've seen things like this happen is on re-tread car and truck tyres.
But like people have said you can always get a bad tyre.

delam! bummer. i have seen it on truck tires....as im passing them:banghead: I-80 wyoming is No fun!

a recall or defect claim is surely in order.

The only time I've seen things like this happen is on re-tread car and truck tyres.
But like people have said you can always get a bad tyre.

+1000
Been running my shinkos for 6 plus years also with out any problems!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

If you can't afford anything better than a shinko, so be it!

If you can afford a better tire, by all means step up from the shinko.

Good Judgment and Common Sense is a virtue when it comes to riding two wheels.

Keep in mind that little contact patch is the only thing between you and the devil's door!

If you can't afford anything better than a shinko, so be it!

If you can afford a better tire, by all means step up from the shinko.

Good Judgment and Common Sense is a virtue when it comes to riding two wheels.

Keep in mind that little contact patch is the only thing between you and the devil's door!

Why it got'to be the devil's door, couldn't it be heavens gate :poke: :laugh:

As stated never had any problems and until I do that's what I'll use, trust me it ain't about the money!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Now this Really Pisses my Off................I am tired of the bull**** that goes on here on the Org sometimes. Shinko Tires SUCK !!!!!!!!! Tires that SUCK can KILL people under the right circumstances. So you got a Re-called PP and the Road picture is just great. All I am asking from our fellow riders is that if you are going to play the game..........................Do it right and at least buy a Freakin Decent Tire !!!!!!!!!!!! Yes YOUR LIFE can depend on it !!!

Take a deep breathe. :beerchug: My point to my post that seemed to of gotten you in an uproar was to show that no matter what tire you buy, it can be your last. Any company is capable of producing a defective tire. People jumped on the Shinko tires "suck" bandwagon and I just simply showed that other companies(Even Popular brand name) was capable of producing a defective tire.

There are so many different types of motorcycle tires for different purposes. What qualifies as a decent tire? Grip? longevity? Cause grip seems to be the biggest issue on what qualifies as a decent tire. Yet many successful tires on Harley's and alike are deemed safe to use and designed for maximum tread life.

So again.... Shinko tires might be considered a lesser tire to most,but they certainly perform for what they are designed for. If the tire was such a dangerous tire, we would be plagued on the internet with the issues that aroused from defective tires.

Kawi had a frame recall issue on a motorcycle that was designed with how many years of experience in making motorcycles? Suzuki had a recall on the 2nd gen for ignition wiring issues. One that was easily fixed,yet was overseen by a company that also designed motorcycles for how many years?

Fact is no matter what you own a defect can happen during its creation. No one company is above it. Even when making a space shuttle.

I'd count my blessings, and would have to keep it as a trophy/reminder of what could happen. Hang it on the garage wall with a sign under it so you can look at it when life seems like it can't get any worse.

That looks like you went more than a few miles after the chunk blew off. Was there any ride difference? ???

Shinko user here for many years. Never had a major issue. Though if your stock height and wheelbase there's better tires to be had. I had a few issues with out of round front 003 Shinkos. I usually run only a Shinko out back and a similar profile front tire. Dunlop Q's and Pirelli Dragons work well with a rear 003 U-soft. If you have a modded busa and ride it often, you can beat the price. I refused to shell out big bucks for a Pilotrace or MT.

Back