Front sprocket size?

I have the 17 front on now but going to try a 18/45 combo next. I think it should be a good set up for my weight ( 180lbs ). Waiting on my supersprox stealth sprocket...taking forever.

Can anyone explain gearing. By going down in the from from 18 to 17, what does that give you. By going up a tooth, what does that give you.

Increasing the rear sprocket size, or decreasing the front sprocket will give the engine more leverage to turn the rear wheel. It does this by requiring more RPMs to turn the wheel the some amount than the stock configuration.

Down one in the front is worth about 2.4 teeth more on the rear sprocket and the Busa.

Increasing the rear sprocket size, or decreasing the front sprocket will give the engine more leverage to turn the rear wheel. It does this by requiring more RPMs to turn the wheel the some amount than the stock configuration.

Down one in the front is worth about 2.4 teeth more on the rear sprocket and the Busa.
Or for those of us who didn't stay @ a Holiday inn express last night:rofl:: -front/+rear quicker acceleration, but less top end. +front/-rear slower acceleration, but more top end. (All other things being equal.)

Or for those of us who didn't stay @ a Holiday inn express last night:rofl:: -front/+rear quicker acceleration, but less top end. +front/-rear slower acceleration, but more top end. (All other things being equal.)

I never could figure that stuff out on my 10-speed. I just kept switching gears. :laugh:

Back