front sprocket removal NEED HELP!!

jones2507

Registered
got a 08 busa trying to change out the front sprocket but it wont break lose i have the smaller nut off the one with the allen head but the big one wont come off tried everything breaker bar and impact no luck and yes i held the rear brake and even put a piece of wood across the swingarm to help keep the tire from spinning still wont break free has anyone had this problem before any ideas would help thanks.

got a 08 busa trying to change out the front sprocket but it wont break lose i have the smaller nut off the one with the allen head but the big one wont come off tried everything breaker bar and impact no luck and yes i held the rear brake and even put a piece of wood across the swingarm to help keep the tire from spinning still wont break free has anyone had this problem before any ideas would help thanks.

Lol keep trying, make sure u are Turing it the right way, get a big azz pipe and put it on your ratchet as a breaker bar. It will eventually come loose

PITA for sure. I thought i was going to break something too but it eventually broke free. It had some red loctite on it if i remember correctly. Thats what I puton it when I finished.

Lol keep trying, make sure u are Turing it the right way, get a big azz pipe and put it on your ratchet as a breaker bar. It will eventually come loose

+1, it's a standard right hand thread, and torqued to 105 ft lbs.
And as said, heat the nut with a propane torch.

Plus One on the torque (105 ft lbs) when you are putting that puppy back on. You don't want that puppy to loosen up! I add a drop or two of blue locktite as well. Make sure the threads are clean when you put the nut back on so the locktite can give it a little stick.

Everything they said, that bad boy is on there like nobody's business! Took me over an hour, 2 different impacts, a breaker bar and a guy with a huge dht arm to break mine loose.

I've been lucky on the '06 and '08. Both spun off easy. A friend told me put the bike in neutral when using the impact wrench :dunno: others have stated not to because you could damage the trans.

Dont forget the tab that is bent in to the spline, this has to be pryed to allow the nut to spin:rulez:
Well, I'm over the hill, but I don't recall ever messing with a tab bent into the spline. It wouldn't be the first thing I've forgotten :laugh:

Back