Front rotor paint scratched by lock

aZooZa

Registered
I have a 2008 black/orange and have been using a rotor lock on the front wheel. Just noticed now that it's scratched the black paint on the rotor.

Any suggestions as to how to cover these scratches other than having to re-paint the rotor?

Thanks!

Well, if minor than get a black sharpie.

You would be suprised how well it works. :agree:

r8

I wondered about a sharpie - will try that. Didn't want to paint but will if I have to, or get a better rotor than stock anyway :beerchug:

Okay, tried the sharpie (actually a Brit permanent marker brand named 'Qconnect') and the result looked more purple than black - maybe it was the light. Will post photos when I get a chance.

Okay, tried the sharpie (actually a Brit permanent marker brand named 'Qconnect') and the result looked more purple than black - maybe it was the light. Will post photos when I get a chance.

Just get you some Black touch up paint much better results. Get rid of that disk lock and think about going with RoadLoK will not damage your bike

Goth style black enamel fingernail polish should work. BTW, place the disc lock on the rear wheel so both ends of the bike are locked, requiring the thieves to carry the bike away instead of just picking up the front end and rolling it away. Use a lanyard next time too.

Goth style black enamel fingernail polish should work. BTW, place the disc lock on the rear wheel so both ends of the bike are locked, requiring the thieves to carry the bike away instead of just picking up the front end and rolling it away. Use a lanyard next time too.
Great stuff -- thanks!

Back