front fender removal

busacruz

Donating Member
Registered
rock.gif
has anyone removed front fender? do i just drill out the rivets holding the front/brakeline guide on and re-rivet it back on when assymbeling . i know the other 2 just get pushed thru the holes.im taking apart the bike for paint and this is the only delimma i have ,any responce would be greatly appreciated thanks.

yes !! just drill the rivets out and you can put them back in when the paint is done. when you drill put a piece of thin wood behind the fender so you dont drill the tire.also start with a small bit for the stater hole then use a larger bit to finish,this way you dont slip hit something you dont wont to.
race.gif

or you could just remove the front wheel and brake callipers and take the front fender off like i did. takes a little time but you save it from drilling.

i didnt need to dirll anything.... you can pull the hose right out of that bracket . its rubber... it flexes lol. the fender is plastic as well.. put a towel on the fork tubes so you dont scratch it and just bend a little and yank it out no problem.

I know this is an old post - but I had to change my fender today. This really helped. I did the towel around the brake-line hook, squeezed really hard, and yanked it free. That worked great and was very fast.

No need to drill as others have stated wrap a towel around front fork and bend gently will come out with little effort...
bowdown.gif

Back