Front Fender brake line clips

lifguardct

Registered
How do the two rear brake line clips release? I can't see the inside of them and don't want to break them.

You have to very firmly wiggle the lines out. If you are talking about actually taking the clips off, you would need to grind the rivet heads down.

You have to very firmly wiggle the lines out. If you are talking about actually taking the clips off, you would need to grind the rivet heads down.
I think you mean the side "C" shaped clip, I got the hose out of that one. I mean the two below that on the back of the fender where the brakeline goes from the right caliper to the left one.

Thanks

ooh, that one! you have to use brute force! It will come out. Watch yer knuckles...

your heading says "front" brake line clamps but your post says "rear"...guessing you mean the front,I just pulled the clip up and off the fender,all but the one that has two rivets in it,you will need to drill them out and re revit or just leave it off...I changed my front fender to a euro fender and there are no clips on there,there is no chance of the hoses being damaged without them

your heading says "front" brake line clamps but your post says "rear"...guessing you mean the front,I just pulled the clip up and off the fender,all but the one that has two rivets in it,you will need to drill them out and re revit or just leave it off...I changed my front fender to a euro fender and there are no clips on there,there is no chance of the hoses being damaged without them
You are correct, I meant the clips on the rear of the front fender.
Thanks

Back