Front end lowering

blaster_works

Registered
I just bought my busa
it has the plate intalled under the top clamp raining the bars but it has not been lowered yet.
What do i have to adjust to give myself 3/4 in lower in the front.
I also have new links for the rear .. Thanks

There's a few bolts on the fork clamps under the top clap. Loosen them and gently lower the top clamp 3/4" and tighten them back up.

If you just got it...is it a 08<

If so, you have to replace the triple tree to let the tubes slide through. You said a plate installed but not sure if that's what you're referring to or not.

Anyway. If it's 08< you have 4 bolts on each side plus an allen screw I believe. Careful when loosening, once it pops it'll fall so be ready and have something supporting it.

If you just got it...is it a 08<

If so, you have to replace the triple tree to let the tubes slide through. You said a plate installed but not sure if that's what you're referring to or not.

Anyway. If it's 08< you have 4 bolts on each side plus an allen screw I believe. Careful when loosening, once it pops it'll fall so be ready and have something supporting it.
no u dont have to replace anything

because the 3/4 inch riser plate is already there ,just loosen the clamps on the forks ever so slightly twist the top tubes back and forth they will gradually raise up till they bump the underside of the top triple again

Last edited:
I would be careful about lowering the bike. It will most definitely affect the handling especially the curves. If you decide to lower try and make the front and rear lowered the same amount and take it out for a couple spins before wicking the throttle. Wardie

just for looks
i like the looks of the lowered busa.
i also have the parts to lower the rear, planning on doing them at the same time. over the winter i want to add a mild stretch to the bike also say 4 in...
enough to help keep the front end down. plus i like the look..
i ride mostly freeway and dont push the turns much.. dragstrip might be fun on occasion.

Back