Front end knock - possible cause

OB_BigPete

Registered
I noticed a few posts talking about slow speed front end knocks which I too have experienced. I went through the process of getting my dealer to check headstock and damper mounts etc. and still it knocks.
I found my knock wa being caused by the front mudguard. When I slightly tapped the mudguard near the fixing bolts on one side the 'knock' was heard. I must admit that I haven't bothered fixing it, but I think all it needs is maybe a thin rubber washer or similar.
Anybody else find the same cause ? or was mine a one-off.

Thanks for the info.
At about 1500 miles I noticed the same thing. Only at low speeds (5 - 10 mph) when going over large speed bumps in our development,with little load on suspension or engine, I hear it. But if I load up the suspension by applying the brakes - no noise. I asked my dealer about it. He checks with Suzuki "rep" - they haven't heard about it (have they heard about anything ???) - he suggests breaking down the front suspension. I knew the noise wasn't coming from inside the suspension - so I passed on that idea (you know - you go to doctor for a simple checkup and end up in the morgue). Lets not have any unnecessary operations!

RD

I have that knock also. but I thought is was in my suspension set-up. I added a little more preload and it seems to have minimized it if not fixed it, but my front end seems to have more spring to it now. which I would rather not have :).

Acutall I had one of the rivots that hold the break line to the front fender come out. I will check my front fender tonight and see if I can find it.

Back