Front axle stand

bigdr

Chief Guinness Taster
Donating Member
Registered
Got my rear Prolite stand with bobbins and the bike is very stable on it , but the front stand (which I gave back) looked very unsafe. The lower fork legs sat on two horizontal pins each side and these pins could rotate on their brackets . I thought the legs sat on 1 pin each side which fits into a hole in the bottom of the forks ,I'm confused and conflustered . Any body got a pic or 2 showing clearly how thry mount ??

What brand of stand?
rock.gif

I gave back the one they got me ,dunno what make it was.But if I can see how a front stand is supposed to work I'll know what to get . I hope Krieg this makes sense cos I think I've confused both of us now ..
biggrin.gif

PITTBULL stem lift stand (called NEW front stand)

I've had my bike sitting on one all winter. VERY STABLE AND VERY NICE. i got mine with pin for $160-170 TMD

Here are two photos of my front handy stand. It has little "teets" that stick into the holes on the bottom of the fork tubes. Very easy to use and pretty stable. Let me know if you want to see a close up shot.

PITTBULL stem lift stand (called NEW front stand)

I've had my bike sitting on one all winter. VERY STABLE AND VERY NICE. i got mine with pin for $160-170 TMD
Pit Bulls are supposed to be very nice. I got the handy stands instead due to the price. I got a front and rear for $95 TMD and they had my Busa sitting on them all winter as well with no problems

Thanks pal , I think I can just about see it at the bottom of pic 2. But if its not too much of a pain a close up would be nice , theres no mad panic on this so don't be jumpin around for the camera , I'm not in a rush... just home from work. 4.30am goin for some zeds pretty soon.
thanks

Thanks pal , I think I can just about see it at the bottom of pic 2. But if its not too much of a pain a close up would be nice , theres no mad panic on this so don't be jumpin around for the camera , I'm not in a rush... just home from work. 4.30am goin for some zeds pretty soon.
thanks
No problem bro. I will take a couple and post em up. Check back in a bit....4:30 huh...going on 10:00 here...strange how time works
wink.gif

What a clever boy you are..
smile.gif
Now I know exactly I'm looking for.Thanks again , the cheque is in the mail ..

No problem bro..anytime. I do like the handy stands BTW. they have worked great for me.

Handy stands are good... nice finish, stable... and a really cool price

Back