Frisco, TX Get together

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
WOW. OMFG. And any other words you can think of.
I met some of the greatest, nicest people today in the Dallas, Texas area.

I drove 15 hours from Wisconsin down to Texas yesterday at the request of some board members to enjoy a good Texas cookout.
Lavinrac is putting me up at his place, Dan and HRHDi made the best smoked brisket, pork shoulder and bread that I have ever had. 00TexasBusa and 00NurseBusa hosted the party. PinkyWinky showed also. One of Mike's friends named Kevin showed up also. He is not a member here yet but when he joins he will be known as CaliRoll.
What a great time with great people. I was thinking I was crazy for driving 969 miles just for a cookout. But I would have been crazy to miss it. The hospitality that I have been shown has been fantastic (Typical Board fashion).

Now before you start flaming for lack of pictures. I will post pictures when I get home. I do not have the ability to do it right now. So they will be coming.
I am sure that Dan will post some real soon though.

Thank you to all of you that made me feel so at home on this trip. You guys and gals are what this place is all about. I will be back down again. Next time I will bring the bike.

You folks are the best.
Kevin

Thank you! It was so much fun. It's always a great time meeting other .oRg members. Sorry that we had to leave early...kids. If we don't see you before you leave, have a safe trip back.

Thanks for joining us! You did the hard work, driving 15 hours or so, my part was easy.

WOW. OMFG. And any other words you can think of.
I met some of the greatest, nicest people today in the Dallas, Texas area.

I drove 15 hours from Wisconsin down to Texas yesterday at the request of some board members to enjoy a good Texas cookout.
Lavinrac is putting me up at his place, Dan and HRHDi made the best smoked brisket, pork shoulder and bread that I have ever had. 00TexasBusa and 00NurseBusa hosted the party. PinkyWinky showed also. One of Mike's friends named Kevin showed up also. He is not a member here yet but when he joins he will be known as CaliRoll. What a great time with great people. I was thinking I was crazy for driving 969 miles just for a cookout. But I would have been crazy to miss it. The hospitality that I have been shown has been fantastic (Typical Board fashion).

Now before you start flaming for lack of pictures. I will post pictures when I get home. I do not have the ability to do it right now. So they will be coming.
I am sure that Dan will post some real soon though.

Thank you to all of you that made me feel so at home on this trip. You guys and gals are what this place is all about. I will be back down again. Next time I will bring the bike.

You folks are the best.
Kevin

CaliRoll :rofl:

I didn't get a lot of "action shots", I think Shannon was taking care of that. I was either doing food prep or comatose on the couch. :laugh: Here are some food pics.

Brisket and pork shoulder going on the smoker
IMG_1369.jpg

shredded pork
IMG_1373.jpg

Brisket off the smoker
IMG_1374.jpg

"Regular" bread on the left and Pablano Cheese bread on the right
IMG_1370.jpg

Cherry Almond bread
IMG_1371.jpg

and for dessert Shannon baked up a cranberry pie
IMG_1372.jpg

Let me know how lunch was. :poke:

I hate that I missed, looks like you guys had some fantastic grub! :cheerleader:

firedog continues to be the Org good wil ambassador at large...look out LCB the title is fast slipping from your hands!:rofl::rofl:

Now....ahem...but it's TOO far to drive to MD huh? Huh????Bastid...:moon:

I think it was the weather the tipped the scale in our favor... :poke:

HRH, you notice that we didn't get invited to MD?

Last edited:
Kevin, and all! I'm so glad you could all get together.

It's an epic trip, that's for sure...

Can't wait for more pix.

Firedog it was awsome to meet you and a few of the others from around DFW. The food was great Dan and I cant wait for lunch to roll around today. And Kevin our poor little California roll I dont really know what to say there. Thanks to Mike for putting us up at your casa. And we need to get some of the guys down south to start looking into your idea about the San Antonio trip. Cant wait to meet up with you guys next time. Let me know when the bikes are back together and we can ride down to Loco Coyote for lunch. And Lavinrac your a trip, thats all I have to say. Firedog have a safe trip back to the cold.

That was definately a great time. I think all had fun, but after all the food, even the jokes dwindled for a bit (everyone was in a food coma). Thank you guys for coming over, it was great to meet you. I appreciate being able to put a face with a name.

Once the bike has some front legs, we will definately be setting up a couple rides.:thumbsup:

The brisket is great, but I actually like pulled pig better. And Dan's salmon... :drool: It melts in your mouth. Don't get me started on the tri-tip roast.

It all sound so good. Looks like I need to come home more often huh?

It was all great fun.... I enjoyed it all and it was great meeting some folks face to face and just having a nice little get together. Dan and HRH the food was great. 00busa and 00nurse the hospitality was astounding.. caliroll you were funny as all get out when you wasnt asleep. and Dennis... I just don't know what to say about you....

Kevin you are one BIG MAN... remind me to never piss you off.... if I do ill be chanting I am your friend I am your friend.

Your more than welcome to crash at my place if you ever come back this way..

Back