friend rode my busa

ambulldog

Donating Member
Registered
holy f*#%
SHOCKED.gif
was all he could say. he rides a zx6r so it was quite a treat for him. i obviously rode his bike and cant believe that at one time i thought a 600 to be fast.

(ambulldog @ Jul. 27 2007,20:30) holy f*#%
SHOCKED.gif
 was all he could say.  he rides a zx6r so it was quite a treat for him.  i obviously rode his bike and cant believe that at one time i thought a 600 to be fast.
Yeah, same here. It's the low end torque that makes the Busa a monster. You will be at 3000rpm's and the Busa is pulling harder than a 600 will through it's entire rpm range.

I've let 2 friends ride my bike. the first one's everyday ride is a CBR1000RR, and he took of on it, and came back about 3 minutes later and just said "no way man, I'd kill myself on this bike - it's WAY too easy to go fast on it"

The second one's everyday ride is a 2002 Honda 954, and his reaction was "man it's easy to go fast on that thing - 140 on that feels like 80 on my bike - i think I may have to get one."

but yeah, the drug dealer analogy is a great one - funny stuff.

You are way more trusting than I am. The only person I trust to ride mine is my son. That is only with me following behind him in my truck and he has a 6K RPM limit.

I've had the same reaction, I let a friend and my brother in law ride it and they were basically speechless. My brother in law had owned an oldler 750 gixxer and was impressed. My friend had rode for years but the fastest bike he'd ever ridden was a 70's model 750 Honda. All he could say was he was affraid to get it over 6grand and it scared him.

The oposite is true also, its amazing how when you ride someones bike and see how slow they feel to the busa.

Sounds about right.

When I rode my friends 600RR before getting my busa (I was coming from a C50), I pushed it a bit then pulled over, waited for him to catch up, and told him to take his bike back.

eek2.gif

He did the same thing to me when he rode my busa.
bowdown.gif

My Wife is the only person to ride mine & she had the same reaction. I was tucked in full throttle on her 600RR & she went by me bolt upright like I was standing still.

I about shined myself the 1st time I rode one - knew I had to have it.
bowdown.gif

Only one other person has riden mine and thats because his was stolen in San Antonio and I felt bad for him. My wife who tears up the R6 wont even take it out for a spin.

I'm selective about who rides my Busa, but if it's a friend that i know won't harm my bike i will let them go around the block. They also have to be riders, not normal civilians.

(GMbusa @ Jul. 28 2007,10:47) I'm selective about who rides my Busa, but if it's a friend that i know won't harm my bike i will let them go around the block. They also have to be riders, not normal civilians.
lol not "normal civilans"
ices_rofl.gif
cool.gif

Nobody effin' rides my busa but me. Well, there have been a couple of truly good friends in the distant past but I was a nervous wreck until they got back.
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I let two of my friends ride mine the other day. Both came back and said that they were scared of the bike. I was suprised about that coming from two Mustang Cobra guys that have 600hp plus cars. Then agian its a different world behind a windshield!

i let my buddie drive mine the first day i got it he about **** himself from his sv650 and from the same stand point i thought his bike was quick and fun to ride until i got the busa now his feels like i have constipation and i cant ge the sh*t to go!?!

lol good post since i have had mine nearly five years my brother has had a tlr1000 and now got a r1100s randy mollar i keep saying to him have ago on the busa and he will not get on it.
dont know why but even if i paid him he still would'nt.lol

(BusaBret @ Jul. 28 2007,09:16) You are way more  trusting than I am. The only person I trust to ride mine is my son. That is only with me following behind him in my truck and he has a 6K RPM limit.
6k limit thats funny stuff " now son if you go pass 6k RPM on my bike you will never ride my bike anymore and you will be stuck riding a 250 and you go pass 6k all day long" haha

and you drive behind him whew you must be really nervous with him on there..

i let one person drive my busa and it was one of my staff sargents and which he has a R6 with alot of money in mods

Back