fresh paint my first step toward an se

orangebusa??

Registered
well painted my first pieces towards changing my 40th into an SE figured id post some pics to see what you guys think the pics dont do to much justice for the finish brutal honesty is invited

Mvc_004f.jpg

Looks great! I have been thinkin' of turnin' my sil/grey 03' all black with stock SE decals but I'm not sure with the grey frame. I'll probably go through with it, and add a carbon fiber tank. Keep them pics comin'.

HEY ORNGE DO U STILL NEED ANY PARTS FOR THE BIKE .... I JUST NOW HAD THE TIME TO TAKE THE FRONT FENDER OFF OF THE BIKE. WIFE IS NOW OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AND DOIN WELL. SHE WAS IN FOR 20 DAYS. JUST LET ME KNOW. JOSE

and yet another what do ya think does it look as good as factory you wouldnt even think those pieces were scraped and gouged just last week

Mvc_003f.jpg

I was wondering what grit sand paper would you use for preping body work with light scratches for painting?

I was wondering what grit sand paper would you use for preping body work with light scratches for painting?
It all depends on how you plan to go about your repaint and which products you use. The paint manufacturers make data sheets on each product that tells you what grit to use prior to application for best adhesion and end result. Usually anywhere from 320 to 600 grit (american grade, not european) according to the properties of the product you're sprayin' over the scratches.
wink.gif

Hey orange, you paintin' it yerself? Looks pretty good. Will look even better after a good watersanding and buff out to remove the lil bits of trash/dust and the texture.
wink.gif

Hey orange, you paintin' it yerself? Looks pretty good. Will look even better after a good watersanding and buff out to remove the lil bits of trash/dust and the texture.
wink.gif
yea i paint for a living i probly wont buff it i like the candy shine on the bikes what ill do is ultra fine it and and give it a flow coat of clear makes them like glass

Not Bad, Looks pretty damn sweet really. Now I know where to send my SE pieces if they get rashed!!!! Hopefully your paint will be tougher than the factory black...

Back